Medina Spirit fails drug test

We removed the new poster and his charming contributions.

21 Likes

All that money for Attorneys, and now this?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Excerpt from the BloodHorse article;

In a separate order, Chief Judge Denise Clayton warned Zedan and Brewster to refrain from filing any further papers with the court clerk unless Brewster timely files an appropriate application for permission to practice before the Court of Appeals. Brewster is not licensed in Kentucky, and it is standard practice for out-of-state attorneys to make such an application.

That is a pretty fundamental error made by Brewster.

5 Likes

Fined $13,600, earned $750,000. Cost of doing business

2 Likes

Yeah, assuming reciprocity with the Kentucky bar is rather bold. Or an egregious oversight.

Not really; file first, ask permission later is pretty standard.

So the judge was just reminding him? The judges’ words read as demanding, but I suppose it’s impossible to tell without hearing the words actually said.

O it needs to be done, for sure. Not unusual though for the lawyer not to have done it before filing or for the judge to be annoyed to have to remind him/her.

My retired attorney friend always said that it’s best to keep your ducks in a row, and to not irritate the judge. :grin:

This is an interesting Letter to the Editor of TDN, from the Editor in Chief of The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;

4 Likes

Exhausting isn’t it?

1 Like

I guess that they want him to go away now!

What a mess.

2 Likes

So, he is definitely out until either the suspension is served, or he wins the appeal. Question- when he loses his stalls at Santa Anita, etc., can he get them back when he is finished with his suspension? Do they move him to a different barn? In the horse show world, if a trainer has stalls for a long period of time in a particular space on the grounds, they get them each year. However, if they don’t show up for a year, things can change.

1 Like

I imagine that Santa Anita, owned by Stronach (I think they go by ST1 now or some other new name), will welcome Bob’s money back with open wallets. He very often fills 3 or 4 spots in the gate on marquee days, which is probably why they’ve been reluctant to make any move so far. Instead they decided to wait until the decision was made for them.

4 Likes
1 Like

I saw pictures of his SA barns yesterday, and all of his signs are already taken down as per rules.