Medina Spirit fails drug test

if Bob dropped dead tomorrow, racing would go on.

I think racing needs to stand it’s ground on the cheaters.

14 Likes

That is most definitely not Ray Paulick’s POV. It’s a letter to the editor that he printed on his site.

The notion that Kentuckians are jealous of BB because of his many Derby wins is just silly. Kentuckians are tired of the Derby being won by a proven cheater while racing authorities in other states (looking at you CA and AR) cover up or ignore his misdeeds so he can continue to train and race.

18 Likes

Yeah I imagine Ray is rolling his eyes as much as the rest of us at that drivel.

5 Likes

Mr. Schutt seems unaware that

1. Baffert is not responsible for the breeding of TB’s in Kentucky and he is not responsible their success.
  2. Japan has been supporting Kentucky breeders by buying Kentucky bloodstock for years now, as have many other Nations.
  3. Kentucky bloodlines have provided the foundation for racing bloodlines , globally.

One wonders why Mr. Schutt’s xenophobia is fixated on Japan and not Dubai, or Ireland, or Australia etc…

4 Likes

I kinda doubt that anyone cares or anyone is keeping track of how many Derby wins Baffert has vs. Ben Jones. I have been following racing for over 35 years and I couldn’t tell you how many Derby wins either one of them has.

3 Likes

they keep harping each time he shows up how many he has won.
Makes you wonder how many were clean…

5 Likes

Saffie Joseph Jr. last Saturday made a statement - twice - that “a good horse will overcome a bad trainer”. It was a reiteration of something another famous trainer (Ben Jones? Sunny Jim?) said, that a good horse makes any trainer look good.
But holy idolatry, Batman, reading some of the FB posts after Country Grammer won the DWC you’d think Baffert had run the entire 2000 meters himself, on foot.
No one denies that Baffert worked hard to get where he is. But I suspect the man could probably sell sawdust to a lumber mill; he’s always been a big personality. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, as obviously that kind of brash self-confidence appeals to lots of people.

4 Likes

Really? Again? Another?

Oh yes. Baffert and Zedan are determined to see Medina Spirit reinstated as the Derby winner. Remember Zedan’s statement that they’ll take it all the way to the Supreme Court and then to the Hague if necessary?

Okay, I added the part about the Hague. But I wouldn’t put it past them to try. Nothing about this sad affair would surprise me anymore.

1 Like

I saw a Baffert supporter post a picture of Medina Spirit’s headstone. It says on it that he won the Kentucky Derby. I guess if it is written in stone, they figure it can’t be changed?

1 Like

Well, now Maryland says nope.

7 Likes

This is literally making me crazy. I don’t blame the MJC and MDHRC for grabbing some cheap points with the animal rights activists but at least they could say he is suspended in Maryland for the entire length of his suspension in KY. The way this reads one would think he could run in any race other than the Preakness.

1 Like

Finally, some truth.

2 Likes

First Saturday in May is close. It will be interesting to see how the broadcasters handle this situation, if at all.

2 Likes

The coverage of racing by most of the regular press often gets it wrong, they just don’t seem to understand how things work. All of the racing publications get it right. I don’t know why it’s so difficult for the regular press to do so, unless they’re either lazy or just trying to make headlines that will grab the general public’s attention.

1 Like

Well at least in this instance MD made it pretty obvious they were the ones being lazy. People were petitioning them into banning Bob from the Preakness so they were like fine he is banned from the Preakness.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Finally. I am wondering how many clients will come back to him this Summer?

2 Likes

If Baffert had not been banned from racing in the Kentucky Derby, would he have had a entry, or entries?