Medina Spirit fails drug test

sew doubt and the unwashed masses will believe you…where have we seen that? :thinking:
personally, I find his excuses more damning than the infractions!

7 Likes

Go tell it to Truth Social, Bob.

I wouldn’t want to be Tim Yakteen. If Messier or Taiba wins, everyone will give the credit to Baffert. If both finish worse than third, Yakteen will be blamed for backing them up.

9 Likes

I don’t really think so. Everyone knows that Yakteen is doing exactly what Bob wants at every minute of every day. Bob has been watching their morning works and every other thing that goes on with them. Yakteen is just the puppet. This is evident in every answer he has given to the media regarding both horses.

Both horses shipped in almost as last minute as White Abarrio. All three looked completely gassed. But then again how much competition did either see running in California? I think the God’s were shining down on Saturday and all was right in the world.

3 Likes
1 Like

This looks like a great read but it’s behind a paywall :confused:

Zedan bought a 2yr old colt (Bernardini x MDO mare) at the F.T. sale today for 3.55M, no doubt hoping he’ll be a Derby horse next year.

Zedan bought an Uncle Mo colt for 2.3M as well as a Justify colt for 600K last month. He certainly was serious when he said he is intent on winning the Derby.

This is a pretty slick approach. I will be interested to see how it is answered.

2 Likes

It’s certainly a better avenue to explore than accusing the CDI board members of a conspiracy to promote their own horses by banning Baffert. :wink:

He needs to look into $30,000 claiming races. :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s not how Saudi venture capitalists roll though. :grinning:

1 Like

He did buy Medina Spirit for 35K but seems to prefer the high priced ones now.

Maybe he did not enjoy all the attention to the bargain basement aspect of that horse.

I don’t see how Baffert gets any relief on this- but heck, if they want to spend money on attorneys, they can.

They are looking to get Medina Spirit reinstated as the Derby winner and for Zedan to get the 1.8M Derby purse money, from which Baffert would get a cut. Highly unlikely to happen, in my opinion.

Is there any precedent for such a thing to happen?

It’ll be interesting to see what the NYRA does. I wonder if they’ll suspend him when the Kentucky suspension is over.

Not in the Derby. I can’t see them prevailing, in this hearing or in the legal system. When the split sample came back positive, it was over.

3 Likes

There is zero chance he gets reinstated as the Derby winner. I don’t agree with the 2 year ban and don’t blame him for fighting that as far as he can but the appeals of the positive are an exercise in futility

4 Likes

Hey! I am going to make a guess at what Baffert’s doing with all of his free time! And, it ain’t cheap…