Unlimited access >

Michael Barisone Court Date?

Good grief. There was an instance in which the mods unlocked a thread in order to archive it. It was bing, bang, boom, done. If the reason for unlocking it was to archive it, as you suggested, it would have been immediately archived.

Scribbler’s suggestion that the platform is somewhat unstable and things sometimes randomly become unlocked makes much more sense.

Based on the last couple threads and the posts by IM, seahorse, Sierramist and Hutho, I no longer have much curiosity about Aug 7 and the week leading up to it. I think I have a pretty good picture of what happened.

My remaining curiosity involves

1. why has Barisone declined to take the deal offered?
  2. what will be the jury’s decision?
  3. what slant will 48 hours take in their story?
2 Likes

The implication was that perhaps the people who profess to be so interested in the facts of the case neglect to post actual new facts when those facts are not the facts they like. In this instance, the judge ruled that all the statements were admissible.

Suppose the judge had ruled that the the statements were excluded, as the defense attorney wanted. Do you think it would have been posted then?

Thanks for the Gertrude Stein reference. Not enough of that in my life.

3 Likes

There were a couple of posters with access to the court websites who posted when they saw new material. It’s entirely possible over the past year they got busy with life or sick of the drama. I know the more that comes out the more disgusted I feel with all the players, the whole shebang reads like a clusterfk of narcissist hysteria on all sides. Note I am not a psychologist or trying to diagnose, just my personal opinion for entertainment purposes. Curious about the verdict but not terribly invested in it.

5 Likes

We are happy to archive any threads we may have missed when we did a previous sweep looking for them. Any user can feel free to send an alert on an open thread on the topic we missed.