Unlimited access >

Michael Barisone Court Date?

Let’s clarify - nobody WAS discussing anything related to you until you bumped this thread back up. Nobody is discussing the case itself even now - what we are discussing is why you chose to bring this thread back to life and then criticize those of us you responded to you.

@Moderator_1 there is clearly nothing relevant to the case to be discussed, and no interest from anyone in discussing it so no reason for the thread to be open.

16 Likes

She’s clearly capable of using the message feature, why not privately message the moderator with a link to the thread asking for it to be archived? No need for the public ask and subsequent pot stirring.

20 Likes

Does half-way bronzed mean she isn’t done? Asking for a friend…

6 Likes

y’all are too easy

2 Likes

Trial starts this month. He will be convicted, acquitted, or a mistrial. If convicted, he will be sentenced and time served may be credited. If acquitted, he will be out. If convicted, depending on sentence, he may be out sooner than later. If he is let out, then it better be that he was completely innocent and shot at no one because he has shown no remorse or responsibility for a member of this forum ending up in the ICU shot twice in the chest in any legal filings shared in the forum and by news media. If he hasn’t found out already, he he will find out the one for whom he left his wife moved on within a year to someone new. He will have had lots of time to think about having to split property with his ex-wife who owned half his business. He has shown anger at people in law enforcement in his legal filings. I hope if and when he is released, he is his better self, the man everyone speaks so well of. Just remember, if the all edged shooter truly snapped, RG may have saved several lives besides his own and LaLa’s.

During the trial, as accused, he will have rights and prejudicial information pertaining to who shot who will not be allowed. However, the person shot and the person shot at have no protections and their pasts, every public and secret thing, may be laid bare in a very public manner. Other parties may also have more exposed than desired.

I can’t imagine the stress all parties are under waiting on trial and verdict especially those who have to live with the scars and physical remainders of this for the rest of their lives.

A little compassion would be nice. Then, on the other hand, all the mean girl tackiness is kind of like preparing for court. LaLa keep it together. You are a queen. You are serene. You hear the question. You pause to consider your reply (no knee jerk reactions). You answer the question succinctly and honestly. No rabbit trails. I doubt you will hear anything in court you haven’t had to read on this forum and in ICU. Prayers for you and your family and everyone affected.

1 Like

That the trial begins this month has been known for quite awhile now.

Why has the thread been re-opened? Has something new happened? If so, why is there no mention of it? :confused:

1 Like

Because Lalalalala re-opened it. And then complained that it was open. :rofl:

13 Likes

Re: bolded. After the last thread was closed, I looked up what was meant by “affirmative defense”. Pleading insanity or self defense are both affirmative defenses.

What I learned is that unlike standard defenses, with an affirmative defense, the accused is acknowledging (affirming?) that, in this case, they did in fact shoot the gun at the victims, but that they are not criminally responsible for attempted murder because they were criminally insane, or because they acted in self defense.

In an affirmative defense, the prosecutor does not have the burden of proof to prove Barisone shot the victims. Instead the defense has the burden of proof in establishing the circumstances of insanity and/or self defense.

I agreed with all of your post, except the part about “who shoot who”. Based on my understanding that Barisone has already pleaded the affirmative defenses of insanity and self defense, I think there is no uncertainty about who shot who at this point.

2 Likes

Well, in February, Ruth Cox got probation for her gun being left with MB, other than that, I think we’re all waiting for the trial. As far as the thread… nobody touched it for 8 months until LK came by and started in again.

7 Likes

Yes, something happened. Do you remember the threads on the admissibility of statements the defense lawyer was trying to get excluded? A judicial decision has been rendered on that admissibility hearing.

LK is asking why all those who keep claiming their participation in these threads is “We’re just interested in discussing a legal case,” have expressed no interest in the judge’s decision.

1 Like

THIS. ^^^^

I saw this thread appear at the top of the dressage page (no, I did not search for anything to do with this topic and never have) as I was browsing and actually thought it was a new thread with some update. But no - it was a rant about how the thread was ignored and dropped out of sight and out of mind - only to be revived eight months later by said rant.

There is no rhyme or reason to that… or to the repeated claims of lies and “poorly hidden threads”. If no one posts - and has “moved on”, threads slowly drop out of sight. They only magically jump to the front page when they are posted on - in this case EIGHT MONTHS later. If it had not been revived it would simply have dropped further back and further down. It might have come up if someone had done a search for it in order to post but obviously no one had bothered to do so and nobody cared… and they were perhaps just waiting for the trial to start - you know, actual news.

It stands to reason that if a thread is simply locked down, one would have to UNLOCK it in order to change its status - as in, archive it. I know that was how it worked when I was a mod on a different forum… and there were no conspiracies involved.

9 Likes

Maybe because we have all forgotten about it plus every thread on the topic descends into craycray?

In the past 8 months my online attention has been taken up by fire, flood, plague, insurrection and war. I’m still mildly interested in how this case turns out but the drama long ago ceased to be edifying.

15 Likes

Why haven’t the hearing results been posted here then?

1 Like

LK was not asking - she was demanding to know why a thread she allegedly dislikes had become inactive and dropped out of sight - as it should have.

Most of us who are mildly interested in discussing the legal case are just waiting for the trial to see how everything plays out… and do not care about Every. Little. Ruling.

If a new thread had been started, there would be howls about how posters here are obsessed about Every. Little. Ruling. and are Barisone fangirls and all the usual drama/commentary. Enough of the same old song, sung offkey.

As @Scribbler pointed out, when almost every thread goes off the deep end… and the drama becomes more important than the actual content… interest wanes.

And just to lighten things up before this thread goes away (and the sooner the better) … here is a cute mini foal.

13 Likes

Agree. Thanks.

1 Like

If the mods had unlocked it so that they could archive it, wouldn’t one action follow the other by less than 5 minutes?

My impression on COTH forums is there’s some instability in whether threads stay locked or archived. I have no idea why but my guess is it’s connected to back end things by IT not a decision by the moderators who are content focussed. It doesn’t seem like such a big deal.

8 Likes

Wow.

If people are so obsessed with timing every action… without knowing about whatever else may have been going on at the time (both on a forum IT-wise or even in real life) and just assume that mods sit here on the forum and are able to attend to everything in the nanosecond that it becomes an issue - or when certain posters make demands and snap their fingers…

… I really have no words for that kind of obsessive drama and finger-pointing - trying to make it into a Very Big Deal. There is no there, there.

@Scribbler - exactly right.

10 Likes

Private message to mods seems to have been the way to go, not open a dormant thread.

10 Likes

And yet you could have PMed the Mods, and none of us would every know.

14 Likes