Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

“Pleasure of hate” is a phrase that CH seems to like to bring up occasionally, when she feels a bit hoity-toity and that others need reminding to stay on topic!

That old chestnut

21 Likes

So, we should talk more about Jonathan Kanarek’s (@Inigo-montoya) texts and how inappropriate it was for Jonathan Kanarek, Kirby Kanarek, and Lauren Kanarek were to confront Mr. Tarshis right before the criminal trial?

22 Likes

Ahhhh… the “pleasure of hate” theory.

I generally find psychology quite interesting, especially in terms of how it helps people understand others better. But using this theory to explain why people on social media dislike Lollypop?

C’mon. This ridiculous.

People dislike Lollypop because she is a monster. The more people learn about the case and the full background of everyone involved… the more stunning it all is.

I will give CH credit for spinning this theory, however, to try and deflect attention from the fact that somewhere north of 90% of the general public think LK is a complete monster. Apparently we are all supposed to feel guilty that we see this woman for who she is, and are discussing the very public case. :roll_eyes:

38 Likes

:laughing: That was me. It was a long time ago. A photog and I spent much of the day with Shatner (who helped underwrite the whole thing). I was sworn to secrecy but of course I shared the info with a few others, like Corinne (Willem’s owner).

12 Likes

I think he rode in the Celebrity Reining and then rode in a real class on the same horse? That is from the depths of my mind so it may be completely wrong. LOL

3 Likes

‘Tis a theory trotted out by Sierra Mist, in which she decries everyone here and invokes the KKK as an example and compares posters here to them.. Charming.

Oft parroted here, the phrase seems designed to shame others for having the gall to discuss LK’s very public bad behavior and deter them from doing so.

SM’s post declares “There have been articles, essays and books written about it.” Funny, when you Google that phrase, you get a work from 1826 by William Hazlitt.

This 2018 journal article states “ Despite these different views, it is remarkable that there is little theorizing about hate, although the topic seems to be getting increasing attention in recent years. Even more surprisingly, there is not much in-depth empirical research on hatred, especially not in psychology.”

I am no psychologist, and this is not to say that there are not those who take pleasure in hating others or that there aren’t articles, essays and books on the topic, but it appears that the statement is designed to shame, inflame, and appear superior.

28 Likes

Leslie Mann for LK. She even sounds a bit like her.

3 Likes

How about Kaley Cuoco for MHG?

Or maybe Mary Kate Olsen?

7 Likes

How shall I put this?

I have only seen Kaley Cuoco in The Big Bang Theory, so I don’t know what else she has done. But based on that one show, I feel like it would be quite a challenge for her to portray the personality involved.

Wait, never mind. I misread the post. For sure, she could play MHG. Lol.

6 Likes

It seems like that phrase would cover the idea of someone laughing at another person becoming homeless.

24 Likes

Cool!

How was Shatner? I rode the hotel shuttle with him to the National Horse Show at the Meadowlands many years ago, but did not get a chance to speak to him.

3 Likes

I bet Cuoco could embrace the “Single, White Female” vibe and be a very credible, very scary Lauren Kanarek.

But Kaley Cuoco would wear the ninja outfit and veil with a LOT more panache. Clearly she can outride Lauren.

11 Likes

You make a very good point!

6 Likes

With a special appearance by Boyd playing himself!

14 Likes

Who will play the EIM?

2 Likes

Oooh. Good catch on the fact that Sierra Mist brought it up first :slight_smile: And great post with links.

3 Likes

Who will play Hay Guy???

5 Likes

I think he should play himself. Nobody else could ever get it right.

18 Likes

I found him to be very down to earth, humorous and generous with his time and money. About a year or so later, I went out to his trainer’s place in Moorpark for another interview for a different publication. Again, he (and his wife) were very genial and accommodating. But it was all about their lifestyle with horses. I didn’t veer off into questions about his acting which was difficult because the photographer I brought along was a huge Star Trek fan. And we both kept staring at his toupee. It looked like a body clipped squirrel sitting on his head.

18 Likes

Thanks for the scoop. Lol.

I think he’s still riding even now. I saw a video from not long ago. Good for him!

Found it. This is from last spring.

19 Likes