Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

When was mcpo given those tapes… before MB showed up at the police department asking to speak with a supervisor?

6 Likes

Did I read that she asked/texted her dad (maybe) to clarify what they were suing for?

Maybe all of this was instigated and totally handled by her dad—all of it.

20 Likes

Exactly how it struck me

4 Likes

I’m still wondering if that was just what she was saying she was going to tell MHG, JH, etc…to intimidate them, and not an action she really took.

14 Likes

Well, someone out there knows the truth about that….and MDF did testify to Lauren Kanarek putting out at least one of her conversations as if she had been there…

9 Likes

Exhibit I - at the top of the page (so last part of the exchange)

It appears to me that the incoming text is to Lauren and she is being chided for not planting a BUG by the dumpster and that it was promised to be done by today (5 August 2019).

ETA the date, time and text

8/5/2019 6:17:14 PM (UTC+0) You NEEDED to plant a bug BY THE DUMPSTER
8/5/2019 6:17:25 PM (UTC+0) YOU SAID YOU’D DO THST (sic) TODAY

Even if it was Lauren directing someone else, the word “bug” strongly suggests knowingly committing an illegal act.

29 Likes

Perhaps it was because Daughter Dearest was unhappy that she wasn’t getting MB’s undivided attention, and when she is unhappy, she makes life miserable for JK and KK. So Daddy decided to try to placate her by threatening MB with a lawsuit (i.e., bullying and intimidating) - assuming he would acquiesce to their demands and start paying more attention to Daughter so JK didn’t have to worry about her going off the deep end. Unfortunately for them, MB wasn’t inclined to knuckle under to the wants of a low level amateur rider who didn’t have enough initiative and self-motivation to make it to lessons. So apparently encouraged and aided and abetted by Daddy, she decided to go scorched earth on MB.

It’s that old rejection thing, you know, that narcissistic personalities cannot tolerate. “How dare you reject ME? Don’t you know that I am the very Crown of Creation?” :roll_eyes:

21 Likes

Amen

1 Like

Maybe she didn’t get it done the day before because Rob Goodwin/Superman/Jim E Stark hadn’t laundered her ninja outfit.

But yes, “Bug” does imply surreptitious, likely illegal, recording device.

24 Likes

I was wondering the same thing. Was that merely going to be a ruse to intimidate MHG, JH, MB by telling them that the police had a tape they were currently “buffering” (?).

6 Likes

Sounds plausible

4 Likes

And she claims they took care of the one horse religiously, so were in the barn to see the schedule or ask someone.
I know, so pedestrian…

17 Likes

I think you two are talking about two different points of the same general thing.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you. I agree there were recordings blasted on social media, based on Mary DeFranco’s testimony.

I am not convinced (yet) that LK actually gave said recordings to the police. I’m wondering if she was saying that she was going to bluff them by saying that.

19 Likes

This is such a tangled mess. It’s like puzzle pieces that are all the same color and same shape. It will be interesting to find out how this all went down. I don’t think it looks good for the K’s.

So bizarre

17 Likes

That’s it, no matter how the pieces finally fit, it doesn’t look good for the KKlan

7 Likes

I really hope that if this actually goes to trial that it is televised. I do so want to see Mr D and Mr S and hopefully Mr B weave this together.

Can you imagine being in their office with all this documentation laying all over the place…there must be repeated utterances of WTF and Who does this?

I wonder if the ABC stores close by have run out of Scotch and Bourbon?

19 Likes

I think they were claiming that (a) the amount owed to Rob for his “work” exceeded what they were paying in training board, and (b) that at least one of the horses was losing condition due to inactivity. And the text is clarifying they can’t claim both that the horse was in full training yet also not being ridden.

Didn’t she post about suing MB before the shooting, and wasn’t the magical $150k number in her heard part of that fantasy?

7 Likes

I would pay to see Mr B question her again in a different courtroom where he can really ask about her actions.

28 Likes

As someone who lives 55 minutes (on Sunday mornings at 6am) and up to 2 hours from my barn… THIS. If I could walk down a driveway and get on my horse, you’d have to physically restrain me from riding every day of the year. My main deterrent from riding is my commute.

29 Likes