Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Access to what?

access to the case file, any and all documents that have been filed in a particular case or cases.

2 Likes

Yes? Is there a reason you’re tagging me in response to someone else’s post?

12 Likes

@erinmeri - CH wants you to know you’re GREAT!

That, we agree upon.

17 Likes

Right, generally criminal Cases are public, but what the attorneys have in their possession before filing is often considered work product and may be exempt from demands to produce it. But that protection usually used to prevent having to share, they can presumably share anything they want as long as their client agrees. It’s not unusual to have an intermediary if a party is unavailable to meet.

11 Likes

The Mounties aren’t law enforcement in Montreal. That would be Service de police de la Ville de Montréal. So either he was telling a JK type whopper, or couldn’t remember the right name. I doubt they would go through all that trouble for a parking ticket. LOL

9 Likes

Ugh. Can’t wait to hear this. I’m sure it’s going to be something she wants to argue about.

8 Likes

Transporting an accused criminal across international borders is a huge process that involves extradition treaties and is not going to happen over a parking ticket.

5 Likes

Can I interest you in a Corgi pursuing a pointless circular argument on playground equipment?

corgi wheel

30 Likes

So, she drove herself there?
I thought she didn’t drive…

4 Likes

Yes. Please note the avatar of the “someone else”.

He told the family the story in the 80s. For sure he was picked up from work. I remember my dad, his brother trying to help him.

2 Likes

I’m not debating. Just saying what he told us. He’s deceased so I can’t ask him.

6 Likes

They claim that the parents were invited to meet MB in FL, before LK chose to go down there with RG, hoping that LK would just show up alone instead of being accompanied by her parents or trainer. At least that’s how I read it.

7 Likes

But just joking here- you know how parking ticket fines seem to double every 30 days, it might have been worth the risk of an extra-curricular trip across the border to shake him down… …

9 Likes

No, nothing to argue about.

@erinmeri made a comment referring to someone, probably LK, as being low class for posting an image of herself giving the one finger salute. I responded asking wasn’t there was a poster here who used that salute in their avatar. EM didn’t believe me, so I was drawing her attention to your avatar.

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: well? Do you like my nail polish?

5 Likes

But I’ve never claimed to be “high class”

14 Likes

Yes, @smoofox, you built a straw man in asserting I ever said or suggested “that JK could not have said such a thing”. Just like you created straw man “you’ve made excuses for the text”
and straw man “you’re working hard to not discuss the text”.

No, my actual posts are not the straw men, duh. It’s your not real subtle misrepresentation of them that creates the straw men.

1 Like

BTW. My avatar is not me. I’m too intimidated the Ks to use my own photo. They are scary people.

24 Likes