Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

From LK’s initial filing, paragraph 6 of the count 1 claim for strict liability:

“6. This confrontation followed an extended and protracted
campaign by Defendants Barisone and/or Cox and/or Sweetgrass
Farms, LLC and/or John Does 1-30 and/or ABC Corps 1-20, and
their representatives, associates, friends, and/or agents, of
harassing Plaintiff and her fiancée.”

Seems indeed that any such campaigns of harassment are absolutely fair game, since she alleges they were perpetrated against her.

33 Likes

New court filing in response to GAS’s recent motion.

7 Likes

I hope the judge doesn’t make anymore uncalled for remarks about his appearance now and that of the trial. That was conduct unbecoming of a judge IMO.

19 Likes

As we saw in the criminal trial, Taylor seems to have a dislike of Bilinkas and looks for opportunities to smack him down.

21 Likes

D’oh!

I hate when that happens!

15 Likes

So GAS thinks it is okay to discuss alleged harassment of LK by MB et al, but discussions regarding her harassment of them is off limits. I hope Weaver sees through this absurd point of view but I am not holding my breath - it is New Jersey after all.

15 Likes

In all fairness, the original complaint was prepared by Nagel and associates.

But… it’s GAS who is responsible for this case now… so he should take some note of details like this…

1 Like

Is there a document linked to this?

1 Like

10 Likes

Page, or box 66, in her testimony, she saw Rob on top of MB and the gun under MB.
Um, if he was on top of the gun how could she see it?

21 Likes

I have logged off the court site, but there wasn’t a document other than the notification that it was being sent via eCourt to all counsels. At least I think that is what the envelope icon indicates…

Ah, I now see that ekat posted a copy of the notification. Thanks @ekat!

4 Likes

I was surprised Judge Taylor wasn’t harder on the defense for violating court rules.

2 Likes

Maybe he hasn’t waited.

8 Likes

Thanks for posting that. It refers to “battered-person-syndrome caused by plaintiff’s campaign of emotional battery against Barisone and/or persons in his care.”

Is temporary insanity the same thing as battered person syndrome? If he was subjected to a campaign of emotional battery, he could have evicted her rather than shooting her.

The SGF response: where does that say LK caused MBs insanity? One of the two defenses has argued that LK should have mitigated her damages by realizing that MB was mentally unstable and backed off. But that is very different from saying she drove him insane. She didn’t drive him insane.

1 Like

Or Pre Madonna.

10 Likes

This really can’t be that hard for you, can it?

Re: SGF’s response: that was a highlight from the answer from before the criminal trial. Silver makes it abundantly clear in subsequent filings exactly where he is going with that. Some of those filings are even included in the original post of this thread.

25 Likes

The lawyers could not find email addresses for Does 1-30 or ABC Corps 1-20? Slackers. Lol.

6 Likes

I understand that the word insanity was included in the same sentence as the term “battered-person-syndrome”, @ekat. The sentence asserts that her campaign of emotional battery caused his alleged “battered-person-syndrome”. It does not say it caused his insanity.

Thanks for agreeing that the snippet from SGF that you posted says nothing about LK allegedly driving MB insane. The issue with her provocative behavior is that she should have recognized his fragile mental state and mitigated her damages by backing off the provocation, not that she caused his insanity. However, they’ll be hard to prove given that RC and MHG didn’t recognize his mental breakdown either.

2 Likes

15 Likes

I give that pirouette a 5. Too much on the forehand.

But IANAJ (I am not a judge.)

5 Likes