Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

His Vanity Fair coverage of trials was also always compelling.

8 Likes

Re: bolded: What? The shooting is not the primary basis of LKs suit against MB, SGF and RC?

No, I don’t “just agree with everything the Kanareks
do or say”. In this case I’m saying I can see the logic behind their lawyer’s filing.

To complain, probably not. To discuss the replies to which they will enjoin, almost certainly.

15 Likes

Methinks that GAS doesn’t himself want to be embarrassed by LK’s responses and behavior/demeanor during her deposition. :laughing:

11 Likes

I was dismounting in my arena and looked down to see a tiny hoof sticking out of the sand! It must have been a newborn fawn that maybe a fox had gotten and buried his leftovers for later. It was just one hindquarter.

5 Likes

By provocation, do they mean they don’t want the defense asking questions about all her provoking MB to go crazy, or don’t want to ask any questions that might provoke LK?

Both sound extremely unreasonable, regardless. But if it’s the former, I don’t understand how they could go through the trial without discussing everything that led up to it (which was all LK provoking MB).

13 Likes

Right! It makes no sense but don’t forget who the topic of conversation is. Nothing make any sense with this family.

5 Likes

He’d better quit in a hurry, then.

12 Likes

Ugh. That stinks. So sorry.

3 Likes

The filings of the defense attorneys are not claiming that LKs provocation “drove MB insane.”

I know that’s the EIM narrative, but it’s not the legal argument that MBs lawyers are trying to push.

Poor little thing! They are cute until they destroy your garden.

2 Likes

Does SGF has a counterclaim against LK?

4 Likes

I’m going to keep posting this, every time you say that, because you’re still wrong.

From MB’s amended answer:

Bonus from SGF’s answer:

37 Likes

9 Likes

Nicely done.

6 Likes

If we can talk about the upcoming Krol hearing for a minute, I think some very good arguments can be made for MB’s release especially if he still is not getting the type of therapy he needs. That is just so wrong.

23 Likes

But you realize what it says is not what it says. /s LOL

7 Likes

It’s awful.

I really hope that some of the staff at Greystone prepare reports for the hearing indicating they think he should be released. If he is stable inside the facility, and participating in the group sessions they do offer, then You would imagine that the staff will recommend release to an outpatient therapy program at this hearing or the next one.

As myself and multiple other people have noted… there is a PROFOUND shortage of beds in these mental health facilities in NJ and elsewhere in the US. The staff there aren’t going to want to keep a stable person confined. If they recommend his release, sooner or later Taylor is going to go with it, I would imagine.

I think there is a risk that if Bilinkas argues too stridently, or pushes an appeal at this point… the net result might be a delay in MBs release, as Taylor might be resentful of being challenged. And an appeal process will take awhile to play out. Legal stuff is grindingly slow. I hate to say that is my opinion of the situation… but that’s what it seems like to me.

If they keep confining MB there after one more hearing, and disregard any staff and professional recommendations (Dr. Simring, for instance) to release him to a step down situation? I would expect some sort of appeal after the next hearing.

18 Likes

You could be on to something there. :smiley:

2 Likes