Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

Excellent post. It remains to be seen if she learned anything from the HH incident about the wisdom of “cutting her losses” before things escalate into a maelstrom that sucks her and her not-very-charming family and manservant even further down the drain.

17 Likes

I suspect GAS is hoping this works, but not planning on it. However, he’s certainly working hard for his client, so she should be pretty happy with him.

8 Likes

That is why there are counter argument briefs.

6 Likes

This is why the whole narrative that IF MB shot LK he did so under duress as a direct result of being attacked by LK/RG/Kujo is so distasteful to our house Team Ks. It puts the majority of the responsibility for the shooting squarely in the laps of those aggressors.

Where it should be.

It also covers another scenario where the FINISH THE BASTARD plan caused MB to snap after months of what amounted to psychological and emotional warfare.

In both these scenarios it can be quite possible for a jury to decide that LK is at least 51% responsible for what ended up happening to her.

Which completely qualifies the jury for their EIM robes!

20 Likes

Those who cannot learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

7 Likes

As many posters have said perhaps the decision to settle was not RC’s but her insurance company’s.

I find it interesting that more has not been mentioned about the cool quarter of a million.

15 Likes

We are avoiding the clean up on aisle 3.

19 Likes

Just a gentle reminder to stay in your cars, with the doors locked. Dont make me turn this car around, kids

26 Likes

Is he though? This caught my eye especially as only the second sentence in his filing:
“Kindly accept this Letter Brief in lieu of a more formal submission in support of plaintiffs Motion to Limit Plaintiffs Deposition”

So we start from go with please accept this less formal thing I’ve put together. Not a great start.

Then he tacks on 200 pages of someone else’s work and cannot even be arsed to direct the judge to the pertinent parts or redact the non-pertinent parts.

That doesn’t strike me as working hard and, as a client, I’d be pretty underwhelmed with this particular performance. He was called out for have zero supporting evidence before so this time he stapled a huge pile of someone else’s work product and called it good.

That’s not impressive legal work in my book at all.

34 Likes

And this is directly following the “I’m being constrained to respond” for a not proper procedure filing just a week ago….

21 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. Excusing g himself at the start. And not the first such simp.

5 Likes

LOL it’s like he’s being held hostage and only begrudgingly submitting papers. Especially considering his previous filings language.

21 Likes

Probably at the behest of Daddio on the Patio: Don’t make me write it for you…

7 Likes

Back to gun safes for a minute: My brother and I own a house together. In the basement we have a HUGE, heavy fireproof gun safe he bought solely to store paperwork and family heirlooms. Solely. It is not bolted to the floor because it would take a small army to move it up and out.
I own a smaller safe, fire-resistant, bolted to the wall and hidden in a closet, to store guns and paperwork.
I sooooo hope we get a response to GAS’ ridiculous request today!

9 Likes

Me either, especially if the various LK/JK/RG texts, recording devices, SM posts and Safe Sport contact and the CPS visit are allowed to be presented. I try to be dispassionate about the civil case, and put myself in the role of juror. I would not be able to get past the fact that a reasonable person in a similar situation would have simply left once things turned sour, rather than staying and upping the ante. Then she could’ve sued MB in civil court in an attempt to settle her grievances. In my opinion, I think this will stick with the jury.

23 Likes

I think the fake CPS report will be horrifying and repugnant to any male juror.

27 Likes

I would say it would be repugnant and horrifying to any juror.

28 Likes

But most males have heard horror stories of things bad women have done to men and this will ruffle feathers to say the least.

15 Likes

Great post, VHM.

I agree with you that comparative negligence and contributory negligence are at the heart of the civil trial. That’s been obvious long before Stone filed his latest filings.

Despite the repeated claim “There is no evidence MB shot her” from Eggbutt and BigMama and others, there is ample evidence MB shot whether the principle of CE is used or not.

The defense’s only hope is to maximize the percent responsibility they can pin on LK.

This is why I drew out @ekat on her claim that the defense will try to prove that LK “caused” MBs mental breakdown. I don’t think they will.

I think it’s more likely that they’ll try to establish that LK knew or should have known MB was delusional.

Re second bolded section (bolded by me): I am not remotely “pushing the idea that it’s somehow wrong to note that LK took multiple actions that contributed to the situation that led to her shooting”!

As you correctly point out, the extent to which LK contributed to the tragedy is at the very heart of the civil case. If posters are going to say very, very loosely “It’s all her fault”, I’m just asking that posters explain, for the sake of discussion, more specifically, the mechanism by which they consider her at fault. The defense lawyers will have to be a lot more specific than “it’s all her fault” at the trial.

And no, it’s not “desperate outraged squawking at people for even HINTING that her actions contributed to her injuries in any way …”

Quite the opposite. LKs contributions to the situation that led to her shooting is the central issue to be litigated (given we know MB shot her and it wasn’t self defense). Rather than assuming, or insinuating, or HINTING that LK played a role, I think the issue should be addressed completely openly.

1 Like

OK. Then my comment refers to the decision by RCs insurance company. Why would they have settled if they thought they could wait on the sidelines until MB and SGF showed that LK was more than 51% responsible?