Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

27 Likes

Thanks for posting the link.

Taylor’s use of the phrase about the barn door has me rolling my eyes so hard I’m about to give myself a migraine. Ditto for his assertion that anything other than his own behavior is making people suspicious about the results of the hearing.

“The judge pointed out so much about Barisone already has been aired through live streaming and the media that “I feel the horse has already left the barn.” Citing the fact that it is “a very unique case” in regard to the extent of the international attention it has received, he believes the courtroom should be open for future hearings.

“To close it would lead to a great deal of suspicion,” he said, in denying the motion.”

17 Likes

Wow.

Sooooo… no movement for MB until April 25th. And at that time, they will be deciding if he is allowed out of Greystone for short day trips.

This is tough. And it will clearly be a long, very slow process, before he is released from Greystone.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting that!

Besides the letter, and knowing there was no Krol hearing today, I am intrigued by this:

An appeal will be interesting to follow. And hopefully move quicker than molasses.

24 Likes

Good catch, @ekat.

Who would an appeal of a Krol hearing go to? The NJ State Supreme Court?

5 Likes

NJ Appellate Court first.

16 Likes

Do they have a public schedule? Or is there a website we can check to follow the status of an appeal like this?

5 Likes

And… just so people realize…

This is all going to mean insane additional legal fees for MB.

Absolutely insane.

20 Likes

Saddened by all this. This Judge is just one brick wall after another.

31 Likes

I will dig around later tonight or tomorrow.

6 Likes

It feels to me like the judge is trying to retry the case through the Krol hearings.
I wonder how long the appeal will take.

23 Likes

Taylor responded, “I have no idea what was sent in that letter…the court did not reference that letter at all in my decision on the Krol hearing.”

The judge suggested the attorney had “jumped to the conclusion” that “because there is one line in there (the letter) that is somewhat similar to the court decision, the court must have been influenced.”

This horse is confused, but I am just a horse of course.

28 Likes

I am thrilled to see Taylor’s misconduct getting attention. I assume this will be another long and lengthy process.

31 Likes

Just because Judge Taylor is ignoring the rules, does not mean they are not the rules.

26 Likes

Excellent point. Especially for a horse.

All these revelations certainly could explain the recent frantic fury from the K clan.

14 Likes

Seems to me that there will be much more coming for Taylor. This should have been a wakeup call for him.

15 Likes

Well, at least Taylor has been put on notice of his snarks, appearance etc. it doesn’t surprise me that he didn’t recuse himself.

The appeal could be a good thing to bring to light that Graystone Still is not following the law.

I feel bad for MB. If he can move up a level? What steps have been followed to allow him to move up?

12 Likes

Hey @CurrentlyHorseless, remember making this post?

Would you like to rethink it now that we know that Michael’s lawyers have filed an appeal?

Here is a little screen shot from the Nancy Jaffer article in case you are confused by my question.

13 Likes

As dog is my witness, I read that as “This Judge is just one prick wall after another.” :no_mouth:

32 Likes

Yes. It’s nuts. Appellate attorneys are expensive. On top of all the other expenses. Maybe this gets the GoFundMe some action.

14 Likes