Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

If I was MB, I would spend every last dime on defending myself, if only to deny this despicable Krew from ever touching a cent.

11 Likes

Right. But I have a feeling that Taylor believes the ball is in Greystone’s court. IOW, he thinks it isn’t in his wheelhouse if Greystone isn’t following its own protocol.

In short, Taylor thinks it is okay for him to stray outside Krol guidelines when he wishes, but it’s up to Greystone’s BOD or governing body to make sure it follows its own guidelines.

And I am not excusing Taylor for his obvious bias against MB and Bilinkas, but am rather trying to understand why and how he can be avoiding assuming responsibility for the shortcomings at Greystone.

As someone mentioned earlier, it’s a Catch 22 situation. MB is caught up in a bureaucratic fustercluck. :scream:

14 Likes

Hypothetical question: If MB exhausts his personal funds to pay legal fees, and ultimately declares bankruptcy, wouldn’t that put a damper on the KKrew’s hope for a financial payout in their civil suit?

4 Likes

Hey Jonathan Kanarek (@Inigo-montoya). You posted that you would answer my question yesterday.

You have not answered my question (and you were posting here yesterday).

[Edit]

If you answer today I am sure we will consider that you just lost track of time yesterday.

So do tell us about your text to your daughter, Lauren Kanarek and her laundry man Robert Guy Goodwin about it being funny to make someone homeless because you kicked them out of their own home…

14 Likes

A fact?
Lol, no.
If he’d been in the scene checking everything out I imagine he would have likely been called as a witness.

11 Likes

It could also be that part of treatment at Ann Klein was to help people work on activities of daily living, among those is basic hygiene and caring for your appearance. I don’t know…just speculating. It seems as though Taylor knows nothing about mental health and operates from very antiquated thinking in that area.

12 Likes

Maybe a follow up letter with the evidence of the continuing issues…

3 Likes

If MB is stuck in it, Taylor is the one who put him there and should be tethered to it also.

If he’s responsible for insuring MB completed his rehabilitation, then he doesn’t get to abdicate that responsibility when he’s made aware that its not being actualized.

8 Likes

I think HH was referring to threatening to contact her barn “to let the barn know what they’ve let themselves in for”; that is, threatening to try to get LK blackballed.

I agree with you that it is not accurate to say the barn was threatened. It was that threats were made that the barn would be contacted regarding LK.

Likewise, someone claimed that BigMamas “employer” had been “threatened”. As I recall it was an editor of a publication she occasionally submitted articles to, and the editor was not threatened, just informed about what BigMama was posting.

The word “threats” was used somewhat inaccurately in both instances.

4 Likes

Yep I posted about this back on Feb 8. Nothing new here.

9 Likes

It is a fact that Mr Gray heard the gunshots and the dog barking and went to see what was happening, and called 911. By the time he called 911, LE was already on the scene.

1 Like

MBs disheveled appearance at his criminal trial was due to Covid limiting access to barbers in jail. Lest we forget. And I’m sure he wasn’t in the frame of mind to worry about it.

23 Likes

Where would one send such a letter? Or email?

2 Likes

I think this is the nature of things when someone is caught up in the legal system.

It’s an imperfect system. And it’s an overburdened system. And defending yourself costs lots of money, unless you wish to rely on the services of public defenders.

All the judges and lawyers involved in the system? They are well aware of its shortcomings. I would imagine that on some level, Taylor and all the other judges dealing with civil commitments HAVE to draw clear mental lines about what their role in the process is. Their role is to decide whether or not to continue the legal aspect of the civil commitment, and that decision is supposed to be based on the person’s risk when it comes to harming themselves, or another m we mover of the public.

I personally don’t think Taylor has an obligation to ensure that MB receives treatment. He has an obligation to order MB to be committed at the most suitable facility possible (least restrictive), depending on the level of risk MB poses… but… if the facility fails to provide the treatment they are supposed to provide, that is the fault of the facility itself, not the judge.

This is just my honest opinion of the situation.

There is a board currently overseeing Greystone, that was appointed after the class action lawsuit concerning Greystone’s failures when it comes to overcrowding, a lack of treatment for patients, and a lack of safety for both patients and mental health providers. Concerns about the civil rights of patients at Greystone, and concerns about Greystone’s failure to abide by the terms of the settlement of that class action lawsuit? It seems like those concerns should be raised to that specific board.

Last thing. I personally get a bit nervous about writing ANY letters to officials involved in someone else’s legal proceedings. I worry that if Judge Taylor, or people on the board of Greystone, get a bunch of letters concerning MBs case, and criticizing how it has been handled… they may regard MB with extra hostility… and it actually might make the whole situation for him worse. My personal opinion is that donating to the GFM so that MBs lawyers can mount a thorough legal challenge is the best course of action. And… contacting that reporter at the Daily Record, and advising her about some details of the story that she may want to further investigate… that might also be helpful. But I am REALLY cautious about writing to any of the judges involved in any of this… they are certainly in a position to make the process even worse for MB, if they feel so inclined.

21 Likes

There is already hostility involved in the biased treatment of MB.

12 Likes

This is true.

I worry it could actually get worse for him.

5 Likes

Because he was told of the similar sentence by Deininger.

1 Like

Re: IIRC, “Daddy O on the Patio” has been used for decades. It could have started with the “Rat Pack”. I think The Fonz may have used it, too!

It was kind of a beatnik phrase.

9 Likes

No. He appeared at various hearings prior to the trial looking reasonably put together, then looked a mess just for the trial, then neatly presented for the Krol hearing.

2 Likes

Given that JK was not anywhere near the patio that day, and MHGs dad was, referring to JK as Daddio on the patio is just cheap mockery. Is that your point?

1 Like