Michael Barisone/Lauren Kanarek Civil Suit

I know! But that is why I think she did send a letter to Taylor and it DID probably affect his decision.

7 Likes

You know that.
We know that.
LK? Insisted, even when told that’s not how it works,…

4 Likes

Tell me you use Dr Brash? Gosh, I really liked him.

:slight_smile: we do not. But we LOVE our vet too.

1 Like

I want those pants.

Did I miss some really cool pants? What pants. Tell us more about these pants.

8 Likes

I thought it was extremely well written. Succinct and to the point.

He “says the same thing” as the original motion because SGF and MB have mischaracterized his argument. Therefore he is restating his actual argument.

When your argument is mischaracterized, often you have to restate to make things clear.

This issue is the heart of the civil case. It will be interesting to see how the judge rules.

2 Likes

He may actually get to defend dog bites (among many other things) in the countersuit!

17 Likes

I know this was posted already but darn… it is so good it is worth posting again.
Mr. Silver hit it out of the park.

19 Likes

This filing reads like “how to sound guilty without saying you are guilty”… Is the actual legal request here “ask me anything, except for any way I provoked the guy who I’m saying shot me, because it will embarrass me”??

It just seems strange. When reading a request like this with a bit of background, the FIRST thing that comes to mind is “why though? what are you hiding?”

Acknowledging this is NOT the same or all the way similar, but it also brings to mind - A victim of rape, when going through this process, doesn’t get to say - ask me anything, except about what I wore or how many people I’ve slept with, because that may be embarrassing. Even though it should have no effect. They still get asked those questions.

Just pondering my thoughts on what is going on here.

32 Likes

Great points @EADoug.

GAS also does not include any legal basis for insisting that Lauren Kanarek only has to answer what she wants to. So strange for a lawyer to not include a legal basis for their wanting to do thing totally differently than is typical.

25 Likes

Is provocation even the right word?

noun noun: provocation ; plural noun: provocations

action or speech that makes someone annoyed or angry

• LAW

action or speech held to be likely to prompt physical retaliation.

"the assault had taken place under provocation "

I don’t believe MB was retaliating. He was in fear of his life. He was protecting himself and family. I believe that is different.

6 Likes

The last sentence here really jumps out at me. Very similar to Taylor’s approach to the law.

13 Likes

If she has a bombshell recording of a murder plot, as alleged… Her own actions and “provocation” would probably be moot.
But here we are… Without a bombshell.

12 Likes

Or not from that direction, anyway.

At this point I am wondering if GAS is a mole.

4 Likes

From the Abba clip!

4 Likes

@ekat - could you direct me to the detailed time line of events you created and posted a while ago? i’ve searched but cannot find it. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

I suspect feed.

3 Likes

Lol!