Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

What have I “demurred” on, VHM?

You asked about my thoughts on MBs insurance coverage twice, and I answered twice.

I think he was a sloppy businessman for the lack of written contracts, the verbal barter arrangement with an unlicensed contractor, and the decision to make unpermitted renovations.

I don’t know if he had personal or professional liability insurance. I don’t fault him if he did not carry liability insurance — it’s a personal decision as to how much risk he chooses to bear.

I do not know for a fact whether SGF carried liability insurance on the real estate, but I’d be shocked if they didn’t.

If SGF does have liability insurance, here is why I’d suspect that the insurance company hired Mr Silver to defend against the suit (and pursue the complaint against MB). Whatever monetary award is assessed against SGF, the insurance company is on the hook to pay it. Why would the insurance company have SGF hire some cut rate lawyer to provide a half assed defense if they’re liable for paying the resulting judgement?

So what have I “demurred” on?

I don’t want to “spin a specific narrative about MB as a businessman”. I just answered your specific questions regarding my thoughts on his insurance coverage.

Because someone asked me a specific question about it? Like you have, several times?

LOL.

1 Like

You mean you’re not into a wall of bears? :laughing: :rofl:

6 Likes

I also thought they came across very well during the 48 hours episode, and during JO’s testimony at trial. I thought that was a low moment for Schellhorn… when he was smirking and chuckling about LO’s relationship with MB while that issue was being discussed during an objection and sidebar. It was not a good look for him.

Another thing to note about LO and JO… from their public posts on Facebook, it seems clear that they both are lovely riders, and doing quite well with their respective mounts. The buckskin riding pony is just beautiful :heart_eyes: And I think LO posted a month or two ago about a successful show with her horse, and included some beautiful pictures.

I would imagine that LK is frustrated that the Osbornes both seem to be riding and competing at a higher level than her, and enjoying more success. After all, this clearly was the case with MHG. And geez… the Osborne’s have managed to do this all while MB has been unavailable for direct coaching support, given that he has been detained behind bars, and is now in Greystone.

I hope both mother and daughter enjoy continued success with their lovely horse/pony :slight_smile:

29 Likes

And they are trying to avoid scrutiny by ignoring subpoenas and doing whatever they can to delay discovery and delay the trial so their questionable lifestyles and shenanigans will not be exposed to the world. IOW, they fear being shunned at the synagogue and at the country club the same way LK is being shunned by the Wellington dressage crowd. And that doesn’t even take into consideration the possibility that they may have engaged in unlawful acts that might - as suggested earlier - put them at risk of a RICO violation or something similar. It all makes one wonder just exactly WHY they are going to such lengths to avoid cooperating in a lawsuit they filed. They are moving heaven and earth to make sure discovery doesn’t proceed. It’s a puzzlement.

13 Likes

I agree that CS came across as a jerk with his comments to the daughter.

I hope too that they have much success and that MB is soon home with them.

14 Likes

How? You continue with this unadulterated BS! HOW DID THEY PROVE A DAMN THING?

All anyone knows is Lauren Kanarek was shot. That’s it and YOU KNOW IT! For at least the 100th time @CurrentlyHorseless, what’s your effing evidence?

IF THERE WAS EVIDENCE MICHAEL BARISON SHOT ANYONE, THE CIVIL TRIALS WOULD BE A SLAM DUNK AND YOUR LOVELY KANAREK GRIFTERS WOULDN’T BE FIGHTING THEIR LAW SUIT TOOTH AND NAIL!!! And, yes, I am screaming at YOU! For God’s sake stop your ridiculously broken record.

See, I said this morning you and others would circle back to your same old tired mantras!!!

22 Likes

And marking the walls! Imagine the aroma, especially if they were smokers!

3 Likes

It’s all quite interesting.

If I were in their shoes, I would be concerned about something coming out during the financial disclosure, discovery and deposition phase that somehow got reported somewhere, and triggered an IRS audit.

I’m sure if they are worth millions and millions, they have professionals looking at their full financial situation and preparing their tax returns. With that said, mistakes happen. Especially when arrangements are somewhat complex.

Oh well. Hopefully for their sake, they have prepared themselves well for a potential IRS audit, and have done everything by the book, and used well qualified professionals to set up their finances and prepare their taxes.

5 Likes

Post it here!

4 Likes

“The bank.”

14 Likes

You know, it’s interesting what you learn when you read the pleadings in this case. For example, this is the last page of SGF’s original answer, filed in 02/2020.

Now, I realize this is going out on a limb here, but if Mr Silver weregetting paid by an insurance company, odds are good he might have filled this sheet out differently.

20 Likes

9 Likes
  1. The sensory overload was pretty extreme for me

2. I thought at first it was owned by a former circus performer (which would be COOL!)

3. The cats in my life would LOVE the carpeting everywhere. All I see is how much dirt and allergens it contains.

4. Owned and being sold by an artist. Link below.

10 Likes

It is my understanding that LO has brought her mare along all by herself from the very beginning. Not many can make that claim. Of course someone like Lauren Kanarek would be envious…LO has apparently worked her a$$ off with no handouts from anyone and is incredibly successful. It’s called work ethic, something Lauren Kanarek will never have.

30 Likes

If it doesn’t apply here, I’m confused as to why you brought it up in the first place.

Edited because I don’t know enough to proof read.

7 Likes

Projection?

7 Likes

No, it would not. That is not a covered loss. You are insane to think so. EDIT: I misread your statement, CH. I thought you were asserting that it would have been covered by insurance. You were correct in your doubt.

6 Likes

Hmm….

Maybe that forged signature was intended for an insurance policy given the fixation and the idea that insurance must be researched before lawsuits are filed?

10 Likes

You cannot possibly know that unless you ever did business with him, which you have assured us is not the case. Beyond that, no one here cares what you think.

33 Likes