Unlimited access >

Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

Yes, that poor staff, wading through boxes and boxes and boxes, and trying to summarize for GAS.

I feel particular empathy for the one who gets the box with the manifesto in it. Because that stuff is just pure insanity written by his plaintiff, hours before the incident. Poor staff has to summarize and explain that to GAS.

15 Likes

Excuse me, but the preferred search term for EIM members is (Barisone, Michael).

6 Likes

I hadn’t seen your reply when I started composing mine. Had to leave for a few minutes to tend to the dog, then came back and finished typing. Then I saw your post a minute later after I scrolled down some more. My bad. :grin:

7 Likes

I can not imagine trying to summarize that manifesto. I even less understand who they would make that into anything positive for their client.

4 Likes

No bad. Just figured Jinx was done differently in different places.

2 Likes

If GAS doesn’t read that manifesto himself, he is not worthy of any respect as an attorney. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Somewhere, the paralegals are drawing straws over who has to go talk to GAS.

Ummm…Mr GAS? Sorry to bother you but…remember when Lauren Kanarek said she was peacefully reading/napping on the porch the morning of August 7th, and up until the shooting?

Well, you see, what she was ACTUALLY doing was writing and posting this…um…stuff.

19 Likes

Yes, that certainly works too. I like to search using LK to see if any other cases pop up. One never knows…

6 Likes

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the really entertaining stuff gets copied, identities redacted and then becomes a most excellent party story at some point.

11 Likes

OMG it would literally make my week if I had to summarize the manifesto for a judge!

I basically did that doing petitions for people seeking orders of protection and the whacky ones make your day. I still tell the story of when God came in asking for an Order of Protection against his wife… in Malta.

Good times!

8 Likes

Amazon

6 Likes

I think you are touching on something important here. A few additional thoughts though…

As @skydy so simply and eloquently put it last night… these people are out of their depth.

They seem to have settled on the label “gunshot victim” to describe Lauren. She has hash tagged Instagram posts with that, and seems to want to link her shooting to the issue of gun violence in general. It comes across to me as a clumsy attempt at PR, not a sincere concern for the issue of gun violence. After all… Lauren herself has posted about her own weapons, has communicated threats on Facebook with language about ‘weapons hot’, and has an arrest on her record for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, because (according to the counterclaim filed by MB’s attorneys) she actually discharged a firearm in RGs direction and at his motorcycle while she was in a fit of rage.

However, following the shooting on 08/07/19, LK and her family seem to believe that she is entitled to claim the label of “gunshot victim” - and she should be free from all criticisms and scrutiny related to the events that led up to the shooting that day. That’s an interesting tactic, but somewhat clumsy and poorly considered, in my opinion. My first question about all this is… who exactly qualifies as a “gunshot victim?” I pushed on CH about this in an earlier comment. Does an aggressor who was shot during a legitimate self defense situation count as a “gunshot victim?” How about someone who was willfully engaged in violent altercation with another person who was carrying a weapon… and the weapon accidentally discharged, and one person was injured? Is the injured person in that situation a “gunshot victim?”

And then there is the issue of her past conduct that I have noted, her reckless statements, and her previous attitudes towards gun ownership. I question the sincerity and depth of her concern about issues related to gun violence.

I will admit, I am drawing a fine line on this particular term, and challenging her use of it, and the fact is that she did indeed suffer significant injuries from the gunshot. But I think it’s important to draw a fine line sometimes, and not go around wielding a politically and emotionally loaded term like a useful public relations cudgel. It’s irresponsible and tone deaf. She seems to be using the term right now for personal gain in the realm of public sentiment, in order to demand sympathy, while simultaneously avoiding all scrutiny & accountability for her own actions. That’s not ok, and that’s not actually helpful when speaking about the broader societal issue of gun violence. There are real gunshot victims out there… people who were shot in violent and frightening situations that were CLEARLY not their fault. LK’s situation is much more complex. If we accept the verdict from the criminal trial, and the testimony provided by expert witnesses that lead to that verdict… her actions with respect to the mental torture of MB caused his psychological breakdown, and the psychological breakdown was a key causal factor of the shooting. Given that, is LK still a victim in the true sense of the word? I’m not so sure.

What is crystal clear is that LK sees an opportunity when it comes to adopting the LABEL of ‘victim.’ Simultaneously, she and her family and supporters continue to victimize others. There is a clear pattern of online harassment when it comes to those who are close to MB. First it was MHG, and now it’s LO.

So again… I question the sincerity and depth of their commitment to all sorts of victims’ issues and concerns. But… as has been noted… it’s pretty clear the Kanareks are out of their depth now, and stumbling and grasping at straws as this civil suit moves forward.

37 Likes

The biggest problem I have with this post is that I can only :heart: it one time. It deserves 100.

28 Likes

LOL. Cutter, you and I are cut from the same cloth. (Cut = pun intended) I have twice broken up dog fights at my local dog park, while people stare, aghasted. I say, “I’m not afraid to break up a horse fight, why should I be afraid of a couple of pitbulls?” :wink:

12 Likes

I don’t know how else you would describe someone who was shot - no matter how it occurred.
“Gunshot recipient”?
“Gunshot woundee”? (Is “woundee” even a word?)
“Gunshot patient” - only works while the person is under medical care, right?
“Gunshot survivor”?

Just like we can describe MB as a “beating victim” - although I guess the K-Klan might protest that label by insisting that he “deserved” the beating and therefore doesn’t deserve to be labeled as a victim.

Agree wholeheartedly though with this:

4 Likes

That’s a fair take on it. I can’t think of how else to describe her either.

My issue is with the way she (and her family) have immediately proceeded to try and use the label in an opportunistic way in the court of public opinion. It’s so crass and low.

Remember that picture of she and her sister on Instagram, flipping the world the bird after the criminal trial when MB was found NGRI?

She tagged that with hashtags about gun violence and gunshot victims. I find that objectionable. And tone deaf. In a significant way.

But… full disclosure… I loathe Instagram in general. It exacerbates people’s underlying narcissistic tendencies, in my opinion.

14 Likes

Me too. I learned many years ago during my dog showing days how to break up dog fights. It’s amazing how stomping into the middle of the fight using THAT VOICE can cause most dogs to back off just long enough to grab one of them. The big risk is that when you grab one - I usually went for the instigator - the other one would take that opportunity to press the attack. It wasn’t so bad when the dogs were small, but man, trying to break up a fight between 50-70 pound Afghan Hound or Borzoi bitches could get dicey - bitches in the kennel were always the worst at getting into dust-ups, although one of my male Afghans got into a fracas with other males and they tore him up so badly before we could break it up that he succumbed to his injuries. That was a tough one - he was 2 points shy of his AKC Championship and was looking promising as a Special. :cry:

9 Likes

Agree with you there! She loves playing up her role as a “gunshot victim” - it has given her a whole new sense of self-worth. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

What are the odds she will have very convenient “technical difficulties” during her Zoom sessions?

14 Likes

Best thing to do is hire a firm in FL to handle her end. Have her show up, use their equipment, and sit in the room by herself with a hall monitor.

13 Likes