Unlimited access >

Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

That is absolutely what I would motion for

10 Likes

Someone has to pay for that…

1 Like

Very high.

Maybe MBs attorneys can hire a local independent technical contractor for the deposition … someone who can step in every time she claims to be having technical issues, to check everything, immediately address any ‘glitches’ and keep the deposition moving forward.

:smirk:

4 Likes

Split three ways. And renting a room and an intern shouldn’t be to expensive. Sometimes it’s just best to bite the bullet and get things done.

6 Likes

This is a good idea. It sounds like having a court reporter in the room with her is an option, and they might provide a dual function as a hall monitor, so to speak.

2 Likes

That implies that one of those three teams actually wants to get this done. And we know they do not.

8 Likes

I am 100% certain that she will try to get away with whatever she can. Agree with Sdel - hire a firm in FL to provide the location and equipment and someone to monitor the proceedings (such as an unaffiliated attorney). I also like @Ambitious_Kate’s suggestion to have a court reporter present.

2 Likes

MB, SGF, and RC. Who doesn’t want to get it done?

2 Likes

QFPing because this needs to be seen repeatedly throughout every Barisone thread. Every. Single. Damn. Thread.

Mic drop @Virginia_Horse_Mom! Loud applause!!!

13 Likes

I had a thought yesterday that I do not believe has been discussed previously. (Sorry if I am wrong about that.) But, as the discussion was surrounding the plausibility of self-defense and/or accidental discharge of the gun during a scuffle, it occured to me that it is extremely likely that LK has absolutely zero memory of what happened, despite her protests to the contrary. I think that due to her physical trauma and subsequent loss of consciousness, (not to mention her non-existent helicopter ride and “flatlining twice” claims) would indicate that she could not possibly have a clear recollection of events. Which would mean, of course, that the only real witness to what happened was RG. He could make up any story he chose and she would run with it, as long as it made MB look bad. It would also explain why they have never managed to get their stories straight. Because LK only knows what RG told her and she does have memory of what happened before MB got there. Sometimes she was on the porch reading. Other times, she was doing something else. Just Mondo musings…

22 Likes

I’ll never understand how she can use that term when your whole game is based on pushing (daring?) people to retaliate. Hiding behind money and power (lawyer daddy) all while tormenting people is a dangerous game and imo has nothing to do with any fragility of MB.

Russian roulette = gunshot victim?

9 Likes

Sorry, I was thinking of the other side. Who in my mind should be paying for any of this anyway.
I do not feel like Michael should have to pay for any of this. The remote deposition was awarded to Lauren Kanarek’s side, they should have to pay for everything associated with making it happen.

13 Likes

This is true. However, the reality is, if the defense wants a clean deposition they will have to pay for the safeguards. Otherwise it’ll be LK on one side of the kitchen table and IM on the other holding up notes for her to read.

12 Likes

@Mondo, it could be a combination of memories and what she thinks she remembers. I have been surprised what you can remember through a traumatic event.

I came off a horse 2 years ago, cracked my helmet through in three places, suffered a concussion and brain bleed, and other injuries, and remember everything I was conscious for. I remember the entire day of the fall very clearly, as well as being life flighted (yes, I actually was put in the helicopter :joy:),and the time in the trauma unit.

7 Likes

Just chiming in to say that his autobiography is a very fun read. He was such an amazing talent, with a work ethic to match.

He was also very involved in racehorses as an owner, and he ended up marrying a jockey later on in life, many years after his first wife passed away.

6 Likes

I’m wondering if perhaps the zoom depositions will be done in a similar style to those in the JD/AH trial - big rooms with a computer or widescreen, with the person being deposed and their lawyers in the room. It was pretty easy to see in some of those recordings who was and was not present in the room, and if the camera angle includes the door, that also catches anyone coming or going.

5 Likes

This is a small point in the big picture, but it pains me to think of all the trees that gave their lives on order to print out all this material. Especially in duplicate so everyone and their brother could get a separate copy.

5 Likes

I’ve been digging around in NJ case law, and here’s one where the witness being deposed had to bear the costs of setting it up on their end. Granted, this was agreed to by the parties, but I’m trying to see if NJ ever specifically ruled on this subject.

11 Likes

I think if the court hasn’t rolled on that issue, it might be too late until damages are addressed

4 Likes

Coincidentally, a friend and I were just talking about Amazon yesterday. Even if you don’t like the company, even if you don’t want to help fund his next spaceship, sometimes you can find things on there that you can’t find anywhere else.

11 Likes