Unlimited access >

Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

Is it likely that GAS will have to fly down to FL to be with her? Will he possibly take a paralegal with him? I assume he would just add those expenses to LK’s tab.

And I agree with @Sdel - it is in the best interests of the defendants for their attorneys to ensure that the FL deposition is as procedurally correct and clean as possible, so they can’t leave it up to the plaintiff and her attorney to set things up the way they want them. To do otherwise is to give them too much opportunity to game the system.

And I predict more delays as the various parties dicker about the technicalities of where, who, when, how the deposition takes place.

2 Likes

I know! I prefer to support local businesses, but sometimes either it’s not available. Or the price is enough lower I just have to. And of course, free fast shipping.

3 Likes

Another option if you want to avoid Amazon

Golden Barrel 1 Qt. Sulfur-Free Supreme Baking Molasses - 12/Case (webstaurantstore.com)

1 Like

Perfect post, thank you.

IMO, she is no victim. She is a perpetrator.

18 Likes

I haven’t seen enough from GAS yet to hazard a guess. He CAN be present in the room. Whether or not he chooses to be, I have no idea.

5 Likes

A family member gave me a jar of this but bought it at a local farm’s market. I was just going to ask if it could be used for shoo-fly pie and get FitzE’s recipe.

2 Likes

Well, if I were LK, I would pay whatever it took to have my attorney in the room with me during the deposition. It seems like that level of close support, in person, would be quite helpful to her.

If she had agreed to travel, & just do the deposition in NJ… I assume it would not even be a question as to whether or not her own attorney would be in the room actively supporting her.

4 Likes

I would be very surprised if her lawyer is not in the room with her. Sometimes you need to be able to kick your client under the table.

27 Likes

Ditto

That will be dangerous for the lawyer. He is at risk for kicking her so much she’ll look like an abuse victim…

17 Likes

Ah, but I think LK would prefer to not have anyone there that might make her play by the rules, such as, no other people in the room, no use of electronic devices, etc…

4 Likes

Frankly, he’s at risk for a repetitive motion injury to his own foot.

15 Likes

I must admit I’m married to Amazon. Just the way it is.

9 Likes

Fair point.

And again… I will note that she is her own worst enemy.

4 Likes

What happens to these depositions at the trial? Does the jury get to see a video or just get to read the transcripts while they deliberate?

1 Like

Also, don’t all the K’s have to appear at the trial in NJ?

1 Like

In my court most civil trials nowadays are done remotely. No idea if it being a jury trial affects that. I’m thinking it does.

3 Likes

Neither, unless the witness is unavailable for trial.

However, if the witness/plaintiff gets up on the stand and tells an entirely different story under oath than they told under oath at the deposition, the deposition is going to be used, and either read or shown to impeach the witness.

One of Amber Heard’s depositions was one of the tipping points on her credibility in that trial, for what that’s worth. She told quite a different tale during the deposition than she did in court.

20 Likes

Only if Mom and Dad are subpoena’d as witnesses.

7 Likes

That depends entirely on whether or not there even is a trial. I think SierraMist speculated yesterday (or maybe it was the day before) that there will be more settlement discussions as soon as discovery is complete. Apparently SM is a practicing attorney. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes