Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

As I recall, IM said he would take bets that MB would be released by Christmas. He did not guarantee anything. How could he?

I see no reason to think that JK has any undue influence on Taylor or that Taylor would allow himself to be unduly influenced by anyone.

1 Like

I am only quoting this so I have it so in the future you can not claim to have not said this.

9 Likes

@CurrentlyHorseless I’ve had you on ignore for what seems like forever, so replying to me is an exercise in futility.

15 Likes

I screen shot it because I don’t have confidence in how the software works if something is edited later.

5 Likes

Good to know. If I need it, I can always ask you!

2 Likes

It’s flattering that you find that simple post important enough to preserve.

1 Like

Promise? :pleading_face:

The last two weeks have been… not good.

10 Likes

Life is like a seesaw: Heartbreak Happiness, Happiness Heartbreak

7 Likes

I think it always shows the unedited version of a post in a quote. Much to my chagrin when somebody quotes a post of mine before I catch a typo in it. Lol.

But you can’t be too careful. Plus the screenshot is irrefutable proof that the quote was not tweaked in any way.

5 Likes

So sorry for your loss. A very Merry Christmas to you, your husband and your daughter. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Like Commodus, you need to read the room, not reinterpret things as “flattering” to you.

19 Likes

Maybe the real issue is reading the room for comprehension, not simply reading for comprehension. :rofl:

18 Likes

Or both.

13 Likes

And being honest with self about what is read and said, not looking for ways to redirect others’ words to give herself a facade of humility.

8 Likes

Gladiator is a really really great movie. Last appearance by Oliver Reed, he died at the very end of filming. Really great part. Also starring Joaquin Phoenix, playing an incredibly anti-social Commodus, some of whose personality defects are mirrored by The Few on this thread, and Of course, Russel Crowe the hero, who is “My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius , commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the TRUE emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife.”

Also with Richard Harris, Playing Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome, and Connie Nielson playing Lucilla, his daughter, and sister to Commodus.>

Gladiator is on Netflix now, you can watch it until December 31. Time for a re-watch for me, that’s for sure!

5 Likes

The first time I read this, sans glasses, I saw “humanity”. Glasses + actually waking up corrected it.

1 Like

Marcus Aurelius is remembered as a great emperor, known as the “Last of the 5 good emperors”. This was a stretch of rule by a succession of competent rulers.

1 Like

Commodus, the ass in the movie Gladiator is known in history to be an insane, malignant pox of a ruler.

This ends our history portion of the day. Back on topic.

5 Likes

Can I just say how refreshing it is to check the thread and find 5 new posts instead of 500? And each of them part of a pleasant, interesting, and non-repetitive conversation?

15 Likes

Joaquin Phoenix - from Commodus (Gladiator, 2000) to Johnny Cash (Walk the Line, 2005) to Jesus (Mary Magdalene, 2018) to the Joker (Joker, 2019) to Napolean Bonaparte (Napolean, 2023). And lots in between. That’s a lot of personality shifts and shows he is pretty gifted as an actor.

Does anyone know what kind of movies they show at Greystone? I assume they would have to be very, very innocuous to avoid triggering anyone…

2 Likes