Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

@ekat, have fun with your mini human guests!

6 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Can we tell if it is attorney firing client, or client firing attorney?

9 Likes

The mini humans do make the holidays fun, though exhausting.

8 Likes

I second “A Beautiful Mind.” Incredible story.

3 Likes

YES! All that fun is tiring!

6 Likes

I sort of miss it. My mini human is 25 now, and the youngest in my family (my nephew) is 17. So the biggest problem at our family get togethers over the holidays is who is going to be the DDs for the family gatherings.

4 Likes

We have one here who is young enough to be concerned about Santa finding him. Different kind of fun for sure!

13 Likes

We can show PG 13 but no MA or R. But, I made an executive decision to watch Schitts Creek though. Patients loved it.

8 Likes

Schitt’s Creek is wonderful! I couldn’t get my head around it at first, but now it’s one of my favourites!

6 Likes

Master and Commander is on right now on HBO!

4 Likes

First episode when Moira is packing her wigs. I was hooked line and sinker

9 Likes

Verrrry interesting. I guess I should not be surprised by twists and turns as this civil case is anything but ordinary.

5 Likes

Nagel’s Boy Scout’s Honor film should have debuted by now. Maybe he wants to do more films.

3 Likes

In CA, a client can fire an atty at will, but an atty has to petition the court to be released from representing their client. That is a separate document (petition) that states the reason for requesting the withdraw. Usually the reason is stated as “lack of payment” even though the real reason is something else.

8 Likes

Well, at least there’s some consistency in the attorney selection process.

12 Likes

Oh dear. I am being accused of nefariously attempting to give myself “a facade of humility”.

Oh dear.

1 Like

Yeah, that excuse ought to work. Sort of like the ol’, “I’m stepping down to spend more time with my family.”

I just wonder if the decision involved a tantrum or stomping of feet. On either side.

9 Likes

This is where we need all of our legal peeps, who so generously share their smarts with us.

Is this a common thing for a lawyer to be replaced at this time in a civil case? It just seems so weird. Heck, the man was in the 48 hours episode.

7 Likes

The case conference is scheduled for 1/12. Unless it is postponed, this new attorney will be busy in the next few weeks getting ready.

5 Likes