Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

It is quite normal. When I worked civil court we’d get in about 20 a day. We’d file about 15,000 civil cases a year, the majority were for credit card non payment.

7 Likes

Most likely they will request postponement.

9 Likes

At least one person did……but I don’t think it was IM.

1 Like

So….more delays. Someone must be very scared of that deposition.

13 Likes

And another goody popped up while I was looking for the above post -

20 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

11 Likes

WOW indeed!

:smirk:

6 Likes

Yep, hope Sceusi retires again. Maybe Sceusi will demand they move on. Enough is enough from these nasty, nasty shysters.

9 Likes

This filing must be the reason Mom & Dad have been frequently trolling the past week.

I wonder who Nagel believes is insane now?

19 Likes

Oh, well then, however someone else was more voluminous in their praise.

1 Like

Yes and no. Changing an attorney is a tactic that is occasionally used to invoke delay in a case, which sets everything back in the courts, as they are required to postpone to give the new representation time to prepare. Eventer Darren Chiacchia was guilty of hiding and not disclosing his HIV+ status and openly admitted it to his former partner after being charged, so he switched his attorney several times and also declared bankruptcy, to keep his criminal case from moving forward. Eventually, the case had changed hands in so many places that it was simply dropped by the latest prosecutor, after years of hee-hawing in the system.

11 Likes

If “NagelRice has been the #1 personal injury firm in NJ winning money for their clients for many years in a row” why did he quit or why was he fired? Neither answer looks good for the Kanarek crew. I smell blood in the water.

18 Likes

Here’s a link to the new attorney’s bio - Gregg Alan Stone. He’s also a personal injury attorney -

https://www.tellmeaboutyourcase.com/about-us/attorney-gregg-alan-stone

3 Likes

It doesn’t sound like changing lawyers is coming from a position is power…

4 Likes

Ahhhh, reading his bio, the Kanareks apparently expect him to take on CBS!

At least he doesn’t look smarmy.

4 Likes

Interesting reference.

Given that LK is a plaintiff in this case and actually initiated the civil suit, and there are now counterclaims involved… I wonder if the court will tolerate endless delay tactics? IANAL… but at some point, I would imagine she will face a risk by that her claims are dismissed with prejudice if her side takes obvious delay tactics too far…

At this point though, I think it’s wise that C she found a new attorney. Nagel was… not good. Maybe he has a track record for high $$$$$ awards… but from what we observed this far in this matter, it didn’t seem like he was doing a great job of representing LK’s interests -

1 Like

I don’t think he does that kind of lawsuit. Walmart slip and fall is probably more what he means….

2 Likes

Ohhhhh! Good call. I didn’t even THINK about that angle.

Taking on CBS is a fool’s errand. Hopefully a decent attorney advises them of that.

I agree - this guy seems more professional than Nagel.

1 Like

No one has filed to represent Jonathan Kanarek (@Inigo-montoya) and Kirby Kanarek (@Seeker1) so I wonder if the new lawyer knows that they will be filing things for them too?

8 Likes

I wonder how the new attorney will handle the wiretapping claims. Those are still outstanding. Maybe that was the final nail….someone went digging through the trial testimony and discovery/evidence in order to answer and got a lot more than they bargained on…

6 Likes