Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

I’m super impressed with all you people who can cook new things. I’m relieved when my oatmeal doesn’t boil over in the microwave. Lol.

25 Likes

I have that problem too…Next step is to get Christmas eve dinner on the table without incident. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Yes, and “good riddence”, too?

2 Likes

Meanwhile I’m fresh out of the shower, heckling the TV show on. Only problem is the show is called The Bible LMAO

#NinjaAngelsAtSodom

I’m so burning in hell
:rofl: :rofl:

14 Likes

Rugelach is getting rolled out soon. We have apricot, sour cherry & fig preserves as fillings this year.

7 Likes

Recipe please!

1 Like

Thank you to a Williams & Sonoma holiday cookbook we found in the 80% off bin at our local grocery store YEARS ago. Hasn’t failed us yet. Except we cut our disc’s into quarters, not eighths. The fig preserves are incredibly sticky and don’t like to spread.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Now to find “natural” cream cheese! I wonder how cherry jam would work? So many ideas!

1 Like

So: when asked “where did you find that recipe” - I can say Chron. of the Horse. :sweat_smile: The beef tenderloin is in the oven…The cheesecake in the fridge - it is a breakfast food, right???

8 Likes

I’m a firm believer that whatever you eat in the morning qualifies as breakfast food. Cheesecake, leftover pizza, you name it. Lol.

15 Likes

Decades ago when I got married, told my parents I wanted a cheesecake wedding cake. My mother thought I was nuts. My father was ecstatic at the thought. The cake was beautiful. The whole thing ex the little top disappeared in about 20 minutes!!

Yes, the cheesecake is just a bigger hunk of what I normally spread on a 1/2 bagel :rofl:

9 Likes

Oh, wow.

Since I’ve been sick I’ve lost 40+ lbs and my husband routinely gives me cheesecake, often for breakfast.

12 Likes

I have a killer cheescake recipe. Its from Simply Recipies, if you want to go find it. Thick and deep, rich and beyond decadant. I add some ginger snaps to the crust. God its fabulous. Now I have to make it again, soon. The recipe includes tips and tricks to make a cheesecake come out great. Give it a try.

1 Like

Home made egg nog will help with weight. made with heavy or light cream, best madagasgar vanilla and grated nutmeg. Never mind the right booze. You don’t need the booze, but boy its fun. I gained 12 pounds in one week drinking it and drinking and drinking it. Yummy Yummy in my tummy.

If you don’t want to make it, Trader Hoes, I mean Joes has a fabulous boozy egg nog this time of year, you could stock up.

6 Likes

Husband requested we try an “apple crumble cheesecake” as we couldn’t choose a dessert. Ginger snap bottom, gently spiced cheesecake, maple syrup rubbed apples, and a layer of crumble topping.

It LOOKS good, I’ll let you all know if it tastes ok tonight!

21 Likes

I’ll see you there! I’ve already booked a lovely suite.

2 Likes

Cheesecake tested this morning, and though plain, it is AWESOME! (patting self on back for successful experiment) Apples on top is an interesting idea, I’m not a big fan of berries on cheesecake - however baked sliced apples with a little spice - yum.
First annual Chron of the Horse Cheesecake bake-off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
And thanks Eggbutt for the recipe.

13 Likes

Thanks. Normally I don’t care for egg nog but I’ll give it a try.

I have a chronic cough due to bronchiectasis which causes my lungs to produce a
lot of mucus and my cough medicine conflicts with alcohol . Usually I don’t miss drinking but sometimes I would really like a nice glass of wine or my favorite summer drink, a screwdriver with fresh orange juice. Wegmans OJ is great but vodka or him really makes it special.

And Baileys…have to find a non alcoholic version.

Merry Christmas to all

6 Likes

My Christmas go to drink is Coquito. Minus the rum.

2 Likes