Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

Idea is based off of a Rockaberry Apple Cheese Pie we like. Found a similar recipe to try.

2 Likes

Torani makes an Irish Cream Syrup.

6 Likes

Look at you guys go with the recipe exchange! If anyone needs advice on how to make oatmeal explode in the microwave, I’d be happy to pitch in with that recipe. Lol.

Merry Christmas to all! :christmas_tree:

17 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone!:christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

5 Likes

Yes, Merry Christmas!

4 Likes

You are very welcome and I am thrilled you like it. I’ve found it to be a super Cheesecake to dress up with various toppings, or simply add more lemon juice and vanilla to the basic recipe. This time of year cranberry compote topping is amazing! And, of course, many use the good old canned pie filling of any flavor as a topping!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas and much joy!

4 Likes

Milk will cause more mucous while you are having a problem. Plenty of water for you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t drink milk as a rule

With any kind of bronchial, sinus issue, one should stay away from Dairy - Dairy creates mucus - sip warm broths through out the day

2 Likes

I’d heard that’s a myth, and at least some sites agree.

https://archive.nytimes.com/well.blogs.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/do-dairy-foods-cause-mucus-production/

4 Likes

That may vary with individuals. Dairy definitely makes my mom produce more phlegm (we can set a timer), but it’s not an issue for me.

We are still recovering from dinner.

2 Likes

Meat and dairy for me is like spinach for Popeye.

4 Likes

Breakfast this morning was trifle :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Christmas Eve - we always have my trademark spaghetti pie and a nice pinot noir. Preceded by a pear martini - yeah, I know it doesn’t really go with the meal, but I discovered them years ago and they are so perfect for Christmas and we sip them while I am making dinner.

Christmas Day - we had smoked pheasant this year, accompanied by pumpkin mac & cheese (hubby’s request). And with pear martinis beforehand and more pinot noir. Dessert was a bourbon pecan pie - the filling was from a jar someone gave us as a gift. It was okay but not as good as the chocolate bourbon walnut pie I sometimes make (I use Tennessee Whisky instead of bourbon).

Now I have to hit the gym every day this week. :laughing:

7 Likes

As for phlegm - there are studies recently that prove what our grandmothers always believed in - homemade chicken broth. It contains cysteine, which acts as a decongestant by helping to loosen and thin secretions so you can get rid of it through coughing. We make batches of broth in our slow cooker throughout the winter whenever we have chicken or turkey (we even use the carcass from our Christmas smoked pheasant). It keeps well in the freezer and we use it whenever a recipe calls for chicken broth. There is nothing like a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup or chicken and dumplings when you are sick or it is freezing cold outside. And it makes an excellent base for pumpkin soup, which can really warm you up on a cold winter day. :grinning:

5 Likes

My mother’s favorite remedy was a raw egg beaten into boiling chicken bullion (from a cube)

1 Like

Apple crumble cheesecake was a win, especially for breakfast this morning.

I hope you all had equally as exciting breakfasts after the holiday rush :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Perhaps the recipes should be in Off Topic….

6 Likes

And perhaps they are just fine right here!

11 Likes