Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

[Edit]

So what’s everyone cooking for NYE?

5 Likes

Tamales!

2 Likes

Since I have a lot of cheese and meats left from our family’s delayed Christmas celebration that needs to be eaten, we’re having appetizers for supper. I’m going to pick up some things to throw in the oven, so we have something hot with them.

4 Likes

Damn, that was quick!

Anyone else have some tasty treats to share? I still have to go to the grocery store to pick up supplies…

1 Like

Going to a friend’s house and we’re ordering Chinese food.

4 Likes

We removed some interpersonal bickering.

17 Likes

Kudos to you, sorry to get involved.

2 Likes

@Knights_Mom, will the civil courts be up and running on Tuesday or will it wait until next week (Monday the 9th)?

2 Likes

I’m not @Knights_Mom, but yes, Tuesday is back to work day for most state workers. Whether the judge on the case is in chambers is another story.

8 Likes

Thank you @LilRanger.

3 Likes

Fuggedaboudit!

2 Likes

I’m cooking lamb curry for NYE

3 Likes

Prime rib, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, sourdough bread

3 Likes

Chinese food sounds perfect. I hope you get the best fortune cookie.

2 Likes

Boston Butt roast, sauerkraut, potatoes, carrots, black eyed peas, spinach salad.

A mixture of my families Pennsylvania roots and my North Carolina southern roots.

Two roots you ask? Everyone in my family was born in PA but me. I am NC born and raised.

Hopefully I will get my Mom’s sauerkraut right this year because it is fabulous. Smack smack drool.

8 Likes

NYE will be hamburgers most likely with the traditional southern New Year traditions tomorrow.

2 Likes

We might need that sauerkraut recipe too, just a tease to mention it and not share. :wink:

4 Likes

That sounds delightful! My daughter has asked for pizza so I guess I’m off the hook, cooking wise.

4 Likes

Don’t know what I’m doing on New Year’s Day. I’ve had my head in the sand and I don’t intend to pull it out until I have to at the last minute.

3 Likes

We are having pork, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes tomorrow in fine Pennsylvania Dutch tradition. It is supposed to bring good luck for the year if you have it on New Year’s Day.

Tonight will be an evening of finger foods that go well with college football. I am trying a recipe for dill pickles wrapped in cheese and crescent rolls, and served with a sriracha dip that sound different!

5 Likes