Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

@Davignport I though so too, but I will take a hit for all of us by sampling and reporting back! I am nothing if not very brave! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Of note, AW was in Australia at the time of the shooting, he may not be aware of who was involved or what happened.

4 Likes

I’m one of those who taste soap when eating cilantro. Would it not be as good without it or is there a substitute? It sounds delicious!

1 Like

I’m sure it would be fine without the cilantro.

2 Likes

Some probably can’t tell much difference between the two but I find collards to be sweeter (less bitter) and more flavorful than kale. They are all part of the cabbage family I believe.

Here in the South we also eat Creasy Greens that can be harvested in the wild like dandelion greens. They are quite bitter IMO.

5 Likes

We always add “in bed!” at the end of the fortune. Makes it a lot funnier. Recently a colleague got one where if “in bed” was added it would be too Game of Thrones- like, so he got a pass.

4 Likes

Easy peasey, wash spinach, break off the stems with a fingernail, big pieces gently tear in half, place in bowl, take the middle out of the strawberries and cutoff the pale end, quarter, throw in the bowl, wash blueberries, throw in the bowl, sprinkle pine nuts, mix gently. Choose your vinaigrette. I am lazy so I select something out of a bottle. Lol

Come on over, there will be plenty of food.

6 Likes

DD once got the fortune that God would give her anything she asked for……

6 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

I don’t know, it seems like the word would have spread by now to anyone with even the most limited connections in the dressage crowd in south Florida.

2 Likes

It was while we were at Disney World.

It was a bit presumptuous to say the least…or maybe just a really strong dose of Disney magic (trying to guilt us into buying the merchandise)?

4 Likes

Yes! We always added In Bed. Now in my older years, maybe Astride or At The Show would work.

3 Likes

I’m sure others in Wellington have filled him in. But if LK is showing up for her lessons, paying him to show up, and behaving herself, there’s no reason for him not to teach her while Ulf is in Europe. There is a certain level of distance from the cray cray when you just show up at someone’s barn to teach them and don’t have to deal with them boarding at your place day in and day out.

17 Likes

Yup. Its one hour of your time in their presence. As long as they put in the work to make it worth your while to bother with them.

If Daddio on the Patio has to write nastygrams, though, to get them to do it, I suspect she is looking for more than to have someone to show up and give a lesson. However, its possible, maybe people don’t even want to do that.

6 Likes

After everything that happened, I would have to question the sanity of anyone who would want to deal with her, or have her on their property.

23 Likes

I don’t know any of the parties involved.

I do think it’s easy for many people to think, rightly or wrongly, “I’m sure that won’t happen to me!”

8 Likes

Me too, but some people may not be in a position to turn down a paying client with multiple horses. Others may actually see the challenge or the notoriety as a bonus - it could boost their profile and get their name known

8 Likes

Who ever the trainer is, if they are training LK, they may believe and hope she is successful with them and that in itself might promote the success of their program.

3 Likes

I’m guessing if he’s been working with her for more than a couple of lessons he doesn’t see the kind of talent likely to boost his reputation. But most clients don’t have that kind of talent anyway. The average ammies with deep pockets are the bread and butter of most trainers down there.

8 Likes

New update today

32 Likes