Michael/ Lauren civil trial update February 9

Meh, Schellhorn was just doing his job. What he failed to realize is the strength, tenacity and dedication of true horsemen.

I would guess his only interaction with someone who has horses is LK. Hardly the definition of a horseman.

30 Likes

Truer words were never spoken. Hardly the definition of a horseman.

12 Likes

Yes, that’s how my father pronounced it. (Born and raised in south Georgia.)

3 Likes

Well l just turned 65, so no kid here myself. :wink:

5 Likes

What a remarkable man - what a remarkable horse - thank you @brownderby for sharing… I didn’t know all of those details - tears…

5 Likes

If the case management conference on the 12th isn’t postponed, would a trial date be set or is it too early for that?

Meh, I’m 73

7 Likes

I know no details about this stuff but it is way too early for the trial.

4 Likes

I figured it probably was too soon. It would probably be best for MB to get released/treatment before he has to deal with all the trial stuff.

The way I understand it (from that Go Fund Me post), the Kanarek family is still delaying things. Which likely means Jonathan Kanarek (@Inigo-montoya) and Kirby Kanarek (@Seeker1) are still not providing the discovery that was subpoenaed.
Add that there is still the deposition for Lauren Kanarek that has to happen.

I think the scheduled management conference is just something this judge does. This has been scheduled for some time.

14 Likes

Interesting thought considering the lawyer change.

The only thing I can’t figure out….what exactly is the new lawyer supposed to do that is going to change the situation?

2 Likes

Delay things even longer?

22 Likes

Nagel had plenty of room to delay. It makes me think there was some other fundamental breakdown.

6 Likes

I’ll also be 73 this year. It’s been a fantastic life so far.

13 Likes

I think the new lawyer may ask for a continuance so he can get up to speed on the case, since he’s new and all.

6 Likes

In other words, a delay.

10 Likes

It is quite confusing why Miss Kanarek & family would want to delay at all. Any delay causes Michael to spend more of his capital that they won’t see should they have the slam dunk case they insist they do! If they are so confident in their case, as they’ve been for four years, one would think they would want to get on with it and take everything he has. OR do they finally realize they are most definitely in trouble, perhaps even legally with potential Federal charges, and hope he has to keep spending to defend and attack all the while keeping the law at bay. I guess they never considered the GoFundMe account would be set up, with supporters still contributing to his aid! What was that about multi-level chess and being several moves ahead of everyone else? :thinking: Bless their hearts, the Kanareks have never had to deal with the power of the general public!

17 Likes

There comes a point though in their delay that Michael isn’t spending alot of money just waiting g on them, doesn’t there?

4 Likes

I assume so. There should also come a point where the court tells the Kanareks to poop or get off the pot. The more they delay the more frivolous and guilty they appear. Perhaps that was an issue with Bruce (he wanted to proceed).

15 Likes

Every time his lawyers do something it costs Michael money.

Each filing, each court meeting…all cost Michael money.

10 Likes