Unlimited access >

MissD REALLY Needs your Prayers

We’re dangling our curb chains and crossing all paws, hooves, feet and fingers for your speedy recovery! Please get well soon.

Member Of The Texas Clique & BEQS

I’m praying for you D* Get well soon!

Any Updates

My prayers are with you MissD and all your family. I am sending all the positive thoughts and good wishes your way. With all this positive energy going your way I know you will make a speedy and full recovery!!

Maria

Her condition is still the same.

This is so damned sad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>First of all I would like to thank everyone of you for all of your best wishes.

I will try to give everyone as complete a history of the last week as I can. On Friday Feb. 1st Dina (Miss D) was driving on Donnelly drive and it looks like she lost control of the car and spun out of control, the car flipped on it’s side and hit a tree roof first. No one witnessed the accident, but a passerby called 911. We do not know who called 911 but we would like to thank them for stopping and helping Dina. The jaws of life were required to get her out of the car and she was air lifted by helicopter to the Ottawa civic hospital.

She was in a coma from the time she arrived at the hospital until now. This coma is not medically induced, it is due to either her swollen brain or a brain injury. We will not know which one until the swelling goes down. They have put a tube in her head to help control the swelling.

Dina is in ICU and she is on a respirator. The respirator is only helping her to breath. As she can breath on her own but not to optimal condition. Visitation to the ICU is limited to immediate family only, when she is transferred to her own room we will let you know.

Dina has had several CAT scans over the last week , they have shown that there is some brain damage the medical terms are, Cerebral Contusion, Diffuse Axonal Injury, and a Midbrain Haemorrhage. All three of these are very serious conditions.

The other injuries she suffered were a dislocated finger, a large cut on her head, and lots of bruises and some scrapes to the back of one hand.

Since being in the hospital Dina has developed a fever and an infection in her bladder and lungs. These are all under control at this time and are not considered a concern right now.

Currently they are trying to get Dina completely off the respirator and remove the tube from her head. This will take several days to do. Today she went 4 hours with out the respirator and they were able to clamp the tube for 1hour and 20 minutes before the pressure got to high…

Once the tube is removed they will be giving Dina a MRI to get a better picture of her brain and to confirm that there is no injury to her neck, so they can remove the collar they currently have on her neck.

On Friday Feb. 8th Dina had two small operations one to put a tube in her stomach in order to feed her and a second for a tracheotomy to help her breath.

My wife went and picked up some cards from the stable today. We will make sure Dina gets everything you send her. Thank you again.

The family is spending a lot of the time at the hospital, so I do not know when I will be able to update you again but we will try to make sure someone will pass the information to this BB.

Everyday we are just waiting for her to wake up. I?m sure all of your prayers and thoughts will help.

Thank you again from all of the family.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no! My thoughts are with her.

“You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.” – The Sundance Kid

Keeping the curb chains jangling for MissD- it’s great to hear she’s doing better!

• One must think when looking at a horse that it hears music inside its head
  • check out my diary! http://carpediem4gp.diaryland.com
  • PNW Clique: Fuzzy Horses, Frizzy Humans!

i’ve met MissD once in person and she is an AMAZING person!!! all of my prayers are going out to D and her family.

~Laura & My Lady Chelsea~

Robby, you’re a good man.

That’s terrible, my thoughts are with her and her family, too.

I’m so sorry to hear that. I’m jingling my curb chain for her.

visit www.victorianfarms.com

Dina, everyone at EMG is jangling their curb chains for you girl.

I hope she recovers completely and quickly. My prayers go out to her and her family.

msj

For a full recovery.

Always,
FairWeather
"Just call me mint jelly cuz i’m on the lamb!–Grandpa
http://www.fairweather-farm.com

MissD, Mickey and I are jangling curb chains for you!!!

“It’s amazing how there’s no time to do it right the first time but always time to do it over again.”

wow…I’m still praying for her…my friends daughter was in a coma for 3 weeks after a riding accident and made a full recovery…i am hoping this is the same situation!!! HANG IN THERE!!!

BARB*

House hunting on Long Island…we’re looking at cardboard boxes…since that’s all we can afford in a nice area…:slight_smile:

thanks Heidi.

Come on D, we’re pulling for you sweetie

<Post tie-back Surgery: First turn-out was a success!! No noise, and settled down quick [drugs did NOT work)>

This is the latest update on her condition:

“Latest update as of 3:30.- Miss D is in critical condition with a brain stem injury. Recovery is unknown at this time. Miss D was travelling alone and lost control of her car, due to weather conditions and hit a tree.”

From this thread at Equiman

Please, please think of MissD and her family at this time.

That is wonderful news! Thanks for sharing Valerie!

visit www.victorianfarms.com

Thoughts and prayers going her way. She seems like a incredible person.

Andrea

Ever wonder why sheep don’t shrink when it rains?