Unlimited access >

Mobility Scooters -- Do You Have One?

I know someone who has a TravelScoot and loves it, and someone else who has a Luggie and loves it.

I’ve also read good reviews about a Shoprider that costs about half of what the Luggie costs.

I thought this might be a good place to ask if anyone has one and what kind.

I wish I did!

Rebecca

1 Like

If only I got my wish to move to HH we could share it! :wink:

1 Like

That made me smile. Knowing me, it would probably disintegrate into a hair pulling contest as we fought over it. :smiley:

Rebecca

Unless we ![](ot one of these! :smiley:
[IMG]https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/03/11/article-0-0D8E971C000005DC-381_468x286.jpg)

2 Likes

I’d have fun customizing that!

1 Like

Hmmmm. Do I get to drive?

Rebecca

1 Like

My dad lost his leg in 2009 and we looked everywhere for a scooter that could travel all over the farm and was small enough to go in the horse trailer to shows, so I posted here and was directed to EV Rider. It took a while to get here because back then it had to be shipped from across the big pond, but looks like they are here now. Will always be thankful to COTH for helping us the company it because it allowed him to keep doing work all over his farm, and going anywhere he wanted to go on horse show grounds. He also got the one with the large basket on the back so he could haul stuff as well.

2 Likes

Absolutely!

When it’s your turn! :smiley:

Thanks, Skeezix. :slight_smile: EV Rider is one of the ones I’ve seen online. I’m glad your dad was able to get a scooter that would let him do the things he wanted to do.

Dang.

Rebecca

I’d be happy just driving it from the Pig to the beach. You could drive it to the barn and I’d ride in back and hold the boot and helmet bags.

Could you customize it to have dual controls? :wink:

1 Like

What about electric bikes? Anyone try them, they look like regular bikes and if you want or can use them normally otherwise they are electric powered. I like the idea because I hate looking like an old helpless women . We have 20 mile rail to trail near me so beside getting around the farm I thought it be a great way to exercise the pup.
Thoughts ? I have been looking at all the new tech products for mobility , some are pretty lightweight and very cool looking. some climb stairs or do rough trails…

1 Like

My friend has a ShopRider that she really likes. She needed something super stable because her spasticity issues sometimes make her turn more sharply than intended, and the three wheeled or lighter weight models would just topple if she had a mishap. She is currently saving up to get a detatchable roof/sidewalls/windshield to make it easier/more pleasant for her to get herself places in our wet winter weather.

the battery life is really really good. She routinely drives it all the way from one end of town to the other, via a less than straight route, with lots of hills, and all the way back with juice to spare.

It is also not so heavy that she can’t get it out of a jam if she disengages the brakes. She is 120lbs soaking wet and if she disengages the brakes she can get it over curbs or lift one end and pivot it to get around tight corners (such as getting it into or out of her house via her sliding glass door)

1 Like

I should add that my friend is under 30, has CP and her spacticity is worse in recent years after she was struck by a car in 2014. People often accuse her of stealing her scooter until she goes to stand up and they get a look at her legs.

What assholes

Do you know which ShopRider model she has?

I’ve thought about an electric bicycle or tricycle. The problem for me would be lack of a place to keep it. I wouldn’t want to leave it out in the parking lot in all weathers. Other than that, I’d love to have one.
I’ve been meaning to get a ride to the nearest dealership, for 2 years now; just last week I learned they are going out of business. :frowning:

I’d forgotten about this thread. I bought a mobility scooter during the summer. It’s a four wheel Pride. We took it on a road trip in October, and it allowed me to go up to the top of a hill in Canyonlands of the Ancients to see the remains of a pueblo. I never would have gotten up there otherwise.

Rebecca

3 Likes