Unlimited access >

Most Bizarre gone wrong thread?

Yikes!
She’s back in my area… Or, at least her ph# is.
Might have Google that & see what pops up.
Where is @Lex in VA when you need him?

So, she is now sponsored by Voltaire?
Wonder if Voltaire knows…
Still a hodgepodge of oddities everywhere on that website.

Another Sidenote:
I have met the guy who partnered with her as Del Lago Sporthorses.
He wised up & split, taking several horses & a couple ponies. Probably in lieu of pay.
But he mentioned having an inkling Heat-Her was not All That when they were in FL & she’d wave & Helloooo! To the BNTs/BNRs & to a (wo)man, not one seemed to know who she was or acknowledge the greeting.

Okay, COTH:
Who wants to sponsor me to study under the Great HH?
Perhaps invite her to hold a clinic at my farm?
Which could challenge her Mad Skillz, as presently my indoor is full of loaded haywagons.
But to one of her stature, a mere “Bag of Shells” I’m sure :cool:

3 Likes

This is so old, I probably have the facts muddled and shouldn’t even try … but it went on for weeks and weeks of confusion and entertainment. There was a beautiful pony and a snowstorm and transport and someone bought the pony, or maybe they didn’t buy the pony, someone was going to pick up the pony, but maybe they didn’t really properly buy the pony and shouldn’t be allowed to pick it up, on and on. But the transport couldn’t get there anyway because of the snowstorm.

Everything had two opinions, and some in the middle - the pony was a seasoned show pony, or maybe it was still fairly green; the pony was Welsh or maybe it was just a nice gray pony; the buyer was an expert rider or an idiot newbie who shouldn’t own horses. The seller was really just the barn manager, or maybe they were the owner-seller, or maybe that was their older kid posting. The sale wasn’t legit - or maybe it was. Nailing down the facts was like nailing jello. And I don’t remember ever finding out what happened with the pony.

It seemed that all of COTH had opinions on that thread, had to be 50 people posting in it … I kind of remember that. The entire thread was massive.

Did that one somehow evolve into the blue saddle derail? Or was that another one? I remember the pony snowstorm thread finally totally lost its way, got over to something that had nothing to do with the original topic, went back & forth on the topics, the derail had some major emotional meltdowns and mud-slinging, I think the mods may finally have closed it, in an era when they rarely closed threads.

We really do need a library or a catalog of links so we don’t lose these classics. :winkgrin:

2 Likes

I think at the end of every year we need to nominate the best ones of the year. For 2020 I’d nominate the quarantine jet pets saga and any of the she who must not be named threads. Those were I think the biggest sh*t shows I can remember in recent history.

11 Likes

There was the one from the teenager who wanted to know how she could enter and show her horse at the Quarter Horse Congress later that year. Over days of intense interrogation by adult COTHers, and long posts from the girls detailing all the random things she was doing with her horse, it was gradually discovered that the horse had never shown before, wasn’t a registered Quarter Horse, and maybe wasn’t even hers. And her parents had no interest in showing or going to the Quarter Horse Congress. But she knew he was purebred quarter, and somehow magically they were getting to the Quarter Horse Congress that year.

That was during the era that people seemed to believe they could actually change people’s minds and straighten out their lives on the internet. The adult COTHers were losing their minds while the girl stood firm on all of her positions and did not back away from her commitment to find out from COTH how to get that horse to the Quarter Horse Congress, no matter what it took.

8 Likes

I can’t forget Young Filly or some similar name with the horse that could not be managed (well certainly not by her) and how any input that did not agree with what she had in her head was thoroughly denounced. Interesting how she refused to accept any other help offered her, hated all of it…yet kept coming back. And back. And back.

And the Musical Jumper thread. Infamous…

Any thread started by any greenie poster with a horse that had magical (or is that magickal) talents asking for help and the story just getting wierder and wierder until they had a tantrum (you don’t understand! you’re not listening, etc etc). and stormed off.

And speaking of that, wasn’t there one a couple years ago with some poster with some random horse stating they were going to go to the Triple Crown with said beast? Even though it might not have been a TB? And would not listen to any rational input and flounced off?

And yes to voting for the year’s wierdest thread and starting a library or a link to all of them. :yes::yes:

3 Likes

This was a long strange trip…https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/discussion-forums/hunter-jumper/3148-no-lungeing-at-devon

4 Likes

What is the quarantine jet pets saga? I must have missed that one.

1 Like

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f…port-nightmare

@scierra - Here ya go.
This one not so much a trainwreck, more an example of supposed Pro getting in over one’s head… waaaaaaaaaayyyyy over!

Now someone find me the thread with the Gallant OTTB & the Stampede.
Or anything highlighting SLC2’s Superior Knowledge of Everything :cool:

MODS: Can we please have an EOY Best Trainwreck Forum?
Pretty Please with sugar & a carroten

8 Likes

IIRC, a lot of the train wreckery happened over on Facebook but “does anyone have a back channel to the president of the United States?” Makes this thread a worthy contender for 2020.

3 Likes

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know what I’ll be reading later today…

Can anyone provide a spoiler for me?! I’m emotionally invested in wth actually happened to the poor horse, but I don’t have time to read another 24 pages!

How about Churchill TBs sales techniques on numerous threads over years under ever changing but related business names, including visits from house guests, claims of short listing for the Canadian Olympic team (they were US natives) not to mention massage training scams and criminal records. Yup, those are golden. Hilarious photo shopping alleged sale horses on the beach and one video of a training session supposedly showing how wonderful and quickly their horses trained up that just looked like horse getting a foot stuck in a gate jump and trying ti fling itself over backwards. I was impressed.

We have to thank HH for identifying a grey and later a palomino Pony as being owned by her and as the same Pony. Hence we have a Greymino Pony.

But my favorite has always been the Arabian Jumper thread that survived. There were several other threads about it that did not survive reformatting including the win picture in front of a big dead cactus. But the remaining thread introduces the first COTH houseguests where the Mods verified it was coming from inside the house. Even has Nazi reference.

Oh and there was the two week shutdown of the Breeding forum…I still miss Erin…

So head over to the Blue Saddle Inn and Open Trailer Deck and Margarita Fountain in the Houseguest memorial garden for a dose of COTH tradition and origin of “Clothisms”. You can whack me over the head with a dead cactus if you dont enjoy it.

6 Likes

Go to page 39! The ending is worth reading it for yourself.

3 Likes

One of the all time bests was one about a neighbor coming into the OPs house/stalking her or something. It was several years ago and amazing…

3 Likes

Oh that was a good one too, but you had to access their FB for the full affect. Scierra - I think it was quarantine gone wrong thread or something like that - maybe Warmblood import nightmare?

1 Like

The woman who pops up every 6 months or so to post the “help me find my missing horse because she will die without homeopathic vet care” by the poster who KNOWS WHERE THE HORSE IS, SOLD THE HORSE, and the horse by all accounts is FINE.

18 Likes

That was real and kinda scary and involved a gray TB mare with elf slipper feet who went down and couldn’t get up. And the whole thing was kind of sad, IMO, because there were a bunch of people/horses suffering IRL. The stalker person’s screen name started with a “C” right?

CLANTER or CHANTER?

Funny, the thread that started this barely counts.

Rule here needs to be post a link, not just a tempting description!

The Heather Hill website has 2019 stuff on the About Us page… After a break since 2011, apparently.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Gamma…I realize that thread I spoke of didn’t really qualify for our most WAY cray cray trainwrecks! I suppose at a point any trainwreck is something most want to read…I was talking about a legit question. Simple, straightforward. That ended up so strangely responded to. The threads that begin from a Lu lu…well, they were doomed from the start.