Unlimited access >

Most imaginative jumps

So, I’m watching the LiveStream from Del Mar, and there are two jumps in this class that look like they’re made out of Macarons! I love it!

I’m wondering who designed it…

Also, what is the most imaginative jump you’ve ever seen and where was it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone with s Kindergartner

or a love of French pastry!

1 Like

Oh man I misread that as macaroni :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Which would make a fun jump, too

4 Likes

Ha! a pasta themed jump would be funny. Rigatoni poles, bowtie fillers and lasagna panels :joy:

5 Likes

Pizza for fillers!

1 Like

Someone on FB has posted sale ads I’ve seen a few times, with planks painted to look like bacon! :rofl:

4 Likes

So WEC Ohio fairly recently had a scrabble jump for the eq/hunters. It was a tile rack with scrabble tiles that said WEC EQ.

I am reeeeeeaaaaallly hoping they bring it back again for one of the shows I go this year because it’s not often your favorite board game and your favorite sport unite :joy:

6 Likes

Sonoma has one like that too—theirs says “BREATHE” which I like!

9 Likes

Hollins University used to have a box that looked like stacked firewood with a running fox at one end and hounds following at the other end. Maybe not too “imaginative,” but I always loved it.

I don’t think much will ever beat the squirrel tail jump from the KY horse park!

3 Likes

What about the bicycle at Spruce Meadows?

2 Likes

Oh, yes!

My barn has a rolltop with “BE PATIENT” painted on it which I love.

I used to ride at a barn with a hot dog jump - basically a wavy plank painted like a hot dog complete with ketchup and mustard, it was great.

2 Likes

One of us needs to make one that says “Wait For It…” for lonesome oxers :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh, that is how I read it too. Laugh.
Glad I was not the only one.

1 Like

I used dressage letters for a gamblers choice jump. The idea of a Scrabble rack pleases me

1 Like

Macaroni flowers with elbow macaroni on the standards

3 Likes

That so cool I would love to see pictures of a pasta jump because I am in the pasta business that would be a fun jump

2 Likes

at a one day event derby - It’s a toss up between the one made out of cars of a toy train or the one made out of old bed springs. Or maybe the one with carousel horses as standards.

2 Likes

I bought this pic the other year just as proof that my horse did in fact jump over the rainbow. He was also particularly appalled by the ocean wave oxer, but it went the wrong direction for the photographer to get.

6 Likes