Unlimited access >

Musings on the unwell, attention grabbing ploys, things musical...

And well, THAT topic…

Having resisted posting so far not because I didn’t feel strongly on that sort of topic, but because I think it might feed into a larger problem…

So I thought a nice diversion might be found in the form of baby carrots, baby quiches, peeps, Buckhead, PETF and the infamous dog park thread.

If you haven’t read the dog park thread yet, please, enjoy… it was a work of art…

[NOTE - it’s not here, was going to insert link, but may have been archived - hopefully Erin can retrieve it! hint hint, feel free to put link here… oh yea, and Jair wants credit for telling me that you could get the thread, so don’t make him a liar - his self esteem is pretty much riding on this…]

If you have, exactly what is your stand on the topic of French and Russian judging at the Annual Baby Quiche-athon?

And if you feel a need to post on THAT topic, try discussing the views of PETF here instead. It will be for the greater good, I promise you.

Edited Note: The link to the thread is on page 2 and Jair’s self esteem is saved! Oh happy day!!

[I]"You can pretend to be serious; you can’t pretend to be witty. "

• Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) *[/I]

[This message was edited by DMK on Feb. 26, 2002 at 10:32 PM.]

expect a nasty email from me regarding your obvious mistreatment of the fromage topic! I’ll include some brussels sprouts in an attachment.

Now, onward… to the dog park thread to spread my rage (and my cream cheese - which while coming in 4th, is still a great hope for a medal in 2006!)

• C

“Second place is First loser”

How kind of you, Cactuskate! It’ll look so smashing with my pastel aqua sweater set.

“You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.” – The Sundance Kid

If you are going to extoll the virtues of head cheese, then please take a moment to consider the plight of the Haggis. I imagine that it must be very difficult to be trussed up inside the bladder of a sheep like a common ballon, only be boiled.

Staunch supporter of the Society for the Protection of the Feetless Neats

See there Jair… I was thinking more Italian myself, but I suspect that would earn me NO points with either the French or Russian judges, correct?

My god why haven’t people come out and discussed the HORRORS of judging fromage???

Stop Dissing me DMK.
We all have our problems. Frankly, I like my BABY brussel sprouts sauteed in a bit of balsamic vinegar and VIRGIN olive oil. None of that nasty whorish cheap non virgin oil for me.

The witchy witch witch of south central NC.

Dog Park Etiquette I believe… posted by Jeb

Yey words like baby quiches, People for the Ethical Treatment of Fromage are also good search clues!

(I think it predated Off Course, so H/J is a good guess)

“You are a Peach; if we Cantaloupe - Lettuce be married, we’d make a swell Pear.”

I must go - my Country Style Pork ribs are burning in the toaster oven!

~Kryswyn~
“Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo”

Brussel Sprouts are wonderful, get them especially young and tender. Nothing worse than a teenaged brussel sprout that was nearing cabbage size when plucked.

My favorite is to stir fry them with freshly grated ginger, onions (or shallots), garlic, and a splash of your favorite brewed soy sauce of choice (such as Kikkoman).

I’ve got to try the balsamic recipe though also.

And, I don’t believe that the baby brussels can feel pain, I would hear them cry out

After they extract the oil from the feets of neats, they use what’s left of the neat’s feet to stuff haggis and make head cheese.

I’m telling you, it’s a cruel world.

Yes, the politics is horrible DMK

I saw a super performance by Brie and Camenbert the other night that was just stellar. I mean it was perfect, but the judges gave it low technical marks. But then along came Swiss and Gruyere, and I mean it was so full of holes it wasn’t funny. But they still won

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DMK:
And Jair, don’t you be dissing the Brussel Sprout!! His tumbling routines were without parallel!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlike the poor Squash. But we won’t mention what happened to him

before you go, tell me more about this whole sauteeing of brussell sprouts! I always (COVER YOUR EYES, DMK!) just steam 'em, but your way sounds so much more … yummy!

Now, it’s all well and good to point up the plight of the footless neats … but what about Beigel oil? Ever wonder where THAT comes from?? OH, THE HORRORS!!!

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

oh dear what a lovely thread it was. Can we revivie it Erin or is it only for viewing purposes now??

Save the peeps - this horrible toture could be going on in your neighbors kitchen!!!

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~irving/bunnies/

http://marks.networktel.net/main.html

“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

SaddlefitterVA, PETF assures me that their tiny shrieks are at a frequency only other sprouts can hear (alfalfa included) Very traumatizing to their kinfolk back in the vegetable crisper. Still better than the dreaded fate of the “freshly frozen” brussel sprout, I should think!

Hideous business this brutalizing of fromage!!!

Does he/she rank higher or lower than the Big Cheese?

I see trees of green, red roses too. I watch 'em bloom for me and for you. And I think to myself … what a wonderful world. Yes, what a wonderful world." – Louie Armstrong.

SOUR CREAM?!?!?

Janeaway - baby quiches and carrots are actually protected under the Endangered Off Topic Species Act, but you have an excellent point about neats without feets… who sticks up for them?

Oh Beezer, once you have been around a few biegels, you really have no problem with a little oil extraction…

Clemson Rider… wake up and smell the fromage… Erin posted a link a few posts up…

Merry… Beezer… I stand in awe. Or I would if I wasn’t sitting here munching on baby carrots, anyway

The Dog Park Thread - it really is good for what ails you.

• Sacha Guitry (1885-1957) [/I]