Unlimited access >

MVP, what happened to our weekly cat threads? Mid-week Cat thread: Cats helping around the house

Not a care in the world. This is MY sleepy spot - be damned to your scat mat.
That pic made me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

See, this is the real reason we have cats - they are the curators of education. Today your cat taught me what a ‘Sofa Scram’ was. Education at work!

10 Likes

Until I realized that Peach is apparently deaf ( :laughing:), that was the best $30 I ever spent to keep the dogs off my new couch.

It still works on the dogs, though. That day that Peach just slept on it while it went off like an air-raid siren, I came in the door to find her asleep and the dogs all hiding in the furthest room, trying to get away from the noise.

11 Likes

Doing the dishes… so helpful!

19 Likes

Is that a new automatic pre-rinse cycle? Seems inefficient if it only covers the bottom rack. :face_with_monocle: :rofl:

8 Likes

I have a laundry inspector. Her job is to flatten folded clothes by laying on them. I even have a song for her:

To the tune of Spiderman:

Laundry cat, laundry cat
Goes wherever the laundry’s at
Likes it warm, likes it cold
She don’t care, she’s so bold
To her… life is a great big sock pile
Wherever there’s a stock pile
You’ll find the laundry cat!

13 Likes

Now THIS is deserving of its own thread - maybe next week’s installment, “Songs We Sing Our Cats”.

8 Likes

{looks around furtively} :unamused:
To the tune of La Dona E Mobile
(we’re classically nutz)
*Where is that Bounce-ity, His belly’s Fun City"*:notes:
Brings him running to jump on the bed, so we can get past the obligatory bedtime pets & I can get to sleep without a surprise pounce :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I just want to say to everyone how much I’m enjoying your kitty photos. Please keep posting them! :blush:

2 Likes

This is my best ever cat, Malarky, AKA Lark. I had him and his sister Little Miss Muffet for 17 and 19 years.
The Tuxedo is Gatsby, still looking for a photo of Muff.
I am ashamed to admit that I can’t remember the tabby’s name, it might be Ripley, but the tux is Gatsby.
This is Lark and a rare sighting of Muff.
This is the shot I was looking for.

15 Likes

My new guy, Stripes, finally made it onto the couch last night.
Tunneled under the cover to make a cave.
Bounce - who practically lives on the couch - was perched on the couch back, giving zero Fs.

14 Likes

Wahoo! Progress. He is taking his job of Couch Usurper seriously.

Does that mean Sink Appraiser has a new vacancy?

5 Likes

He multitasks :smirk_cat:

5 Likes

are they behaving toward each other? Bug and Tater are still sort of skirmishing. Tater and Puddin sleep in the bed with me, one on each side of my head. Puddin never moves all night. Tater is kind of here now, gone later, but when I woke up this morning, there they were. Bug was not far off. He prefers to sleep at my hip. So I am pretty much hemmed in.

4 Likes

Sigh… Nobody sleeps with me :worried:
Sounds like things are sorting themselves out for your clowder :smirk_cat::smiley_cat::cat:

Bounce & Stripes are not BC(at)FFs, but they’re coexisting just fine.
I’m sure Bounce wants more - like he had with Cheeto

I think that may come in time.

EDIT to correct typos

10 Likes

Did someone say bath time?

He sat on the edge for most of my kid’s bath, then got in when the water started draining out.

12 Likes

The cats have taken to a fun game of parkour where they run full speed into the kitchen, vault off the pony wall or a chair onto the table, then launch themselves onto the island. The game usually ends when they shatter whatever glassware is currently on the island.

I was told tin foil is a good deterrent… hmm…

16 Likes

Quality Inspectors. I bought a new bedspread from Collections and a sheet set from J.C. Penney. Cat tested, cat approved.

Those, btw, are the Liz Claiborne 575TC sheet set that seems to be a great bargain when it goes on $39.99 sale any size like it is now. It remains to be seen whether they’ll shred out at the feet or not. But they feel almost as good as a percale. I bought the gray and taupe colors.
https://www.jcpenney.com/p/liz-claiborne-ultra-fit-performance-575tc-sheet-set/ppr5008212471?pTmplType=regular&enrId=enr5008223154

12 Likes

Alarm clock / evacuation drillmaster, packing and relocation superviser, computer cat, and tack inspector. EVERY morning with this guy was like an air raid drill. When he was up, EVERYBODY was up. He’d eat his breakfast, then go back to bed. He was like an applehead Oriental shorthair, with that kind of high intellect, vocals, loyalty, and athleticism. He was always up for chicken from the Chinese buffets. He lived to be almost 22 and just passed away on December 9, 2023. Mornings just aren’t the same without him. :frowning: But he lived a good long and healthy life and was a once in a lifetime cat. We loved each other greatly and unconditionally. He picked me out at the animal shelter in 2002 and proceeded to train me to suit. lol

20 Likes

As kittens these two orange guys showed some initial interest in becoming tack inspectors, but as of right now, decidedly lack commitment to the job. They’re about 7 months old now and past due for their neutering but all the clinics are booked up.

13 Likes