Unlimited access >

MVP, what happened to our weekly cat threads? Mid-week Cat thread: Cats helping around the house

This is the Crazy Cat Lady starter set.

23 Likes

I put it in the stack of stuff to take to Complete Recycling. I don’t know if they can do anything, but worth a try. I confess that I haven’t changed it in five years before now.

2 Likes

They make liners now that are labeled washable, but most can be washed in the gentle cycle.

3 Likes

Your cats are all so helpful and productive! Mine is too busy keeping his back feet in line. :rofl:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/lhp4nFWIBYY

(This actually went on for a bit longer before he captured his foot and licked it into submission, but it took me some time to grab the iPad and record.)

8 Likes

Stripes, 1st attempt at Lapcat yesterday.
Not on, but adjacent to my lap.
Until Asshat Bounce, jumped into the lap & ruined the moment :smirk_cat:

10 Likes

haha…so true, and so adorable!

4 Likes

My old cat, Willie, who passed over the summer, was always an adjacent “snuggler.” He always wanted to be near where you were, preferably atop a pillow placed adjacent to you. And he would chatter at you until he got his way.

He was a character, personality plus!

15 Likes

One of his/her socks fell down!

6 Likes

this is a fun exercise. I have 5,391 cat photos. I blame of the “Summer of Kittens” when I had two adorable litters of foster babies. And you are right, a box of kittens is the absolute best thing on earth. box kittens

16 Likes

When she’s not peeping, she likes to be Chief Inspector and Ribbon Tester for all things Christmas.

12 Likes

Definitely asymmetric. I had no idea what sort of socks he had when I got him from the shelter. He was crouched in the back of his cage in his photo and I wasn’t allowed to move him or take him out of the crate.

12 Likes

How far Tom has come since those days. From the frightened boy pictured here to the handsome fellow he is now.

6 Likes

Okay, you have me firmly beat! Of those 5,391 photos, surely you have some more photographic evidence of cats being Cats At Work?

3 Likes

This is a very important position for Miss Peep. Someone has to keep those ribbons in line. You think a dog could do that? And look that cute at the same time? Pfft.

6 Likes

I just wanted to say that I love all the pictures of everyone’s kitties! They put much needed smiles on my face! :blush::blush::blush::blush:

6 Likes

@beowulf The dog for sure couldn’t do it. She is suspicious of Christmas!

13 Likes

Hilda was being very helpful with the gift wrapping.

13 Likes

See? This is why cats are natural breadwinners. Never send a dog to do a cat’s job… :roll_eyes:

@Laverne77 Wow! That wrapping is seamless. Thank the nine lives you had a cat overseeing your work.

8 Likes

I put all of ours to work around here.

A few are professional launders…

Willow is working towards her DOT Compliance Cert…

Gus is one of our most valued employees, but he’ll only run CAT equipment…

They help with the other animals around the house, too.

20 Likes

oh boy I have bunches, some have already been posted on assorted CoTH threads so I didn’t want to clog the thread up. But since you asked…

Milo is our most industrious boy. He’s a hard worker and serial entrepreneur.

Here he is as a ‘manny’ to the foster babies

All that manny experience made him an excellent manager of other cats in their occupational pursuits.
He and Gemma ran a diner -

and a TV station!
milo news

He was also a proprietor of a candy shop (shown sleeping on the job)

and his most adventurous job of all - Christmas train Engineer!

milo train

This is just a small cross-section of his resume. Milo is a true renaissance man!

17 Likes