Unlimited access >

My Favorite Picture of My Horse in Snow (Feel Free to Add Yours)

Might as well have some beauty out of this frigid white weather. I’m still ready for spring already, though.

This is Toccata, Arab-Mustang cross, a couple of years ago.

Toccata in Snow

23 Likes

Oh I’ve got a bunch! The first snow, I always get all the animals out to run around while I snap pictures.

32 Likes

youngest daughter on our Morgan who was at the time between national championships enjoying backyard life being just a kid’s horse

27 Likes

Now long gone Chief, on a glorious morning the January he turned 30:

24 Likes

My favourite pic of Mellow, from his sales add, sold me on him!

24 Likes

This boy says he can make it snow by blowing his nose. Does that count?

17 Likes

26 Likes

I see some Christmas cards in the making here. Seriously. :+1:

6 Likes

I had a couple of teenagers who rode him for years. Cynthia and a friend did the skijoring clinic in 2010. He is pretty good a looking at the camera. Her mother took the photo.

Kristina is galloping in the snow on the hayfield. That is one of his most favorite things to do. He loves snow, likes to stop and nibble a little bit of nice clean fluffy white snow on his way to turnout.

25 Likes

In the Snowmageddon winter of 2015, Feronia was living outside. She spent most of that winter on this pile of hay and snow, nibbling away. When she realized the hay would never be gone, she calmed down and ate it slowly.

16 Likes

Aww, I love the photos of everyone’s horses being happy in the snow.
My herd always looks like they are being actively tortured by the snow. They just stand around the gate, trying to get back into the barn.
This is the only nice photo I have, and it’s only because there was a flock of geese that landed at the pond and that entertained them for 30 seconds.

18 Likes

Boop!

21 Likes

![cappysled2020|373x500](upload://x1c0 Mx1nvXkAsr6KmOw62cNLGCy.jpeg) I also love snow pictures! Here are my favorites from last year. My minis Captain and Peanut. My sledding one would not load, I’ll try it later.

20 Likes

My Herd of 3:

Snow Nap:

And no pic, but a lovely memory:
Riding out one Winter, bareback on horses wearing their blankets, DH - still a relative Newb to riding - is on trainer/friend’s lesson horse. I look over to see him cantering through drifts up to horse’s chest :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

What great pictures! I especially love the three galloping.

2 Likes

Magical! Like your own little world. I can almost hear the hooves muffled by the snow.

1 Like

What a cute trio you have!

1 Like

Luna the pony is not amused

19 Likes

Oh her floofy mane and tail. Luff her.

2 Likes

Ok, new favorite thread! A friend and I are planning some snow fun with our horses tomorrow so I will try to get more then. But here are two older favorites: gray is current horse the first winter I had him and the chestnut is my late TB when we got caught in a snow squall on a trail ride

12 Likes