Unlimited access >

My Favorite Picture of My Horse in Snow (Feel Free to Add Yours)

Apple snow 2008
My old Standardbred, Apple.

Sledding with my Clydesdale, Forrest

15 Likes

What a fun thread!

Skijoring with my mom’s gelding

A view of the foothills after the Jump Alberta symposium a few years ago.

The boys being handsome. I realized I don’t have any nice winter photos of my young mare. I’ll have to try to get some this year.

13 Likes

These are my 3 guys from Snowmageddon 2022 in Middle Tennessee yesterday.

11 Likes

I’m assuming you don’t usually get much snow there. How did your guys act when you first turned them out?

We don’t get much snow, which is why we moved here, but this is our second measurable accumulation in a week.

My guys are out 24/7/365 with a run in that they were not interested in yesterday. The two older horses don’t get too excited because we moved south from Pennsylvania, where snow just seemed to hang on longer every year.

The young guy, he just turned 3, came from up on the Cumberland plateau, where snow is more common. In fact, I looked at him in the snow last year when I went to buy him. He’s so laid back that it takes a lot to get him running around frolicking!

3 Likes

11 Likes

The floof is the best!! I’m totally like a little kid when I brush her mane and tail. We did a little groundwork later and there were so many opinions :joy:

20 Likes

Can’t leave out the super well behaved beautiful OTTB Legend.

17 Likes

A friend took this one of my old man (and username namesake) about a year before he passed :heart:

23 Likes

So much beauty! Here’s a few.

21 Likes

Love the look on her face! :grin:

This is from when I lived where it snowed. We lost this donkey years ago, but I still think about this picture when I think of him in the winter. He loved snow.

20 Likes

not a knock on the donkey but that photo could easily be mistaken of being of a German Shepherd Dog

2 Likes

Oh no! The first one is being abducted by aliens! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

“It’s all very well you long legs out there enjoying the snow, here I am freezing my ass off”

30 Likes

There are some that like fluffy snow as bedding, here some years ago:

F0944FCF-5889-4E5B-8F38-508B4F43B3BD_4_5005_c

8 Likes

Poor baby! Did he just not want to use his shelter?

Our boy was a large standard. 13.3 and rideable. He was fun.

The matriarch of the herd was my 26 year old Arab, who’s hairy legs and nose you can just see. She decided where the storm would be weathered, and it was rarely in the barn! The spot she chose that night was perfect, well for the big ‘Uns they were all dry. Poor Poncho was the only one who got hit, and his expression says all. He was perfectly fine, just grouchy.

5 Likes

Odette, my War Horse:

Scarlett O’Hairy, a little hackney foster pony

And this is cheating a little because no horses, but my farm looks so pretty in the snow. I just love it. This pic was just after sunrise and we had a ‘hoar frost’ overnight, followed by a crystal blue sky dawn. Hoar frost looks so magical, it always feels special when you get to see it.

24 Likes

My two boys this last week

Three friends last year

19 Likes