Unlimited access >

My New Job! Update

:partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

WOOHOO, good for you!!

1 Like

Oh, my gosh! I now have a competing offer from the pre-k program I had interviewed with. Less money, but I would be able to build my own program there. And I love working with the littles.

I had sent her an e-mail yesterday, thanking her for taking the time to interview me and letting her know I had accepted an offer from another agency. She called me this morning and made the counter offer.

She asked me think about it over the weekend and I told her I would. Hard choices! I have already signed and returned the offer letter from the out patient program. Butā€¦I would love the chance to be lead teacher in my own pre-k program.
Sheilah

2 Likes

Think hard about accepting the new offer. When I was just starting out in the horse business, I accepted a job from a trainer in Indiana, no one Iā€™d ever heard of, but it was an assistant trainer job, so I took it. A few days later I was offered a job by Helen Crabtree (the top of the top of horse trainers). I turned it down since Iā€™d already accepted the other job.

The other job didnā€™t really work out well for me, I actually left the horse business. That was in the 1980ā€™s. I tell myself that allowed me to grow as a person, blah, blah, blah. But I sure wish Iā€™d called the first person and told him I was going to work with Helen.

SO, if the pre-k is truly what you want to do, take that one.

7 Likes

I agreeā€¦I would wait until you have an offer letter in hand before you tell the first job you were offered something that is actually a better fit for your careers goals. If it truly is the better fit for you, I would follow your heart. Congratulations!!!:tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Follow your heart!

Iā€™m so happy things worked out for you!

1 Like

I decided to stick with the agency that I have a signed and returned offer letter from. I want some financial security for a change. Everything else being equal? I am sticking with the agency that pays a lot better.
Sheilah

7 Likes

How nice you had a choice and time to think it over. Congratulations-againā€‹:grinning::tada::tada:

1 Like

Congratulations hope everything works out well

1 Like

Jeez I canā€™t imagine turning down a job with Helen Crabtree! But you were probably better off getting out of the horse business entirely anyway.

OP I think you made the right decision, congratulations! It never hurts to take the big money. Being able to pay the bills and having something extra far outweighs the benefits of a satisfying but lower paying job IMO.

@BAC I had already accepted a job with a different trainer and being the dummy that I am, thought I should continue with that decision. Itā€™s only polite, you know :roll_eyes:

1 Like

^^^Reported

1 Like

If what you have said is true they may have violated their ADA obligations. Up to you what you want to do though. Iā€™m very sorry.

It worked out for the best. Last December I started my dream job of teaching in a psychiatric facility for adolescents. I love the people I work with and the organization is wonderful as a whole.

I couldnā€™t be happier. Wetting myself was the best thing that ever happened to me professionally speaking.
Sheilah

13 Likes

I am so happy for you, Sheila.

Did anything happen with your report?

Nope.
Sheilah