Unlimited access >

My sweet boy crossed the bridge

My sweet boy, my giant goofball, my friend, my brother and my dog soulmate crossed the bridge yesterday. The grief is unbearable. The only consolation is that it was quick and almost painless. A sudden heart bleeding due to a mass (Tumor? Aneurysm?), there was nothing to do.
Godspeed Max, you’ll be forever loved and missed

39 Likes

RIP ~ Beloved Max ~ knowing you will always be loved and remembered ~

((Hugs)) laced with strength and comfort for his mom and everyone who loved Max ~

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard” ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

3 Likes

{{HUGS}}
What a sweet face.
Let the healing begin as the shock wears off.
& The hole in your heart fill with memories.

So sorry for the loss of your beloved and beautiful Max.

I am so sorry. (((hugs)))

I’m so sorry :disappointed: :cry:

What a sweet looking dog! I’m so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear about Max. What a sweet-looking, happy boy. Sending hugs and jingles to you. Thank you for posting these pictures of him.

Hugs! So hard to say goodbye!!!

What a dear heart! Casually lounging and smiling in the water as if to say ‘What…? I’m living my best life!’

We lost our dog recently. Sending ripples of warmth, caring and understanding to you across the stratosphere. It is so very difficult.

Max was touched by a lucky star having all those years with you.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your kind words, they mean so much to me.
Max was an ex racer, we adopted him when he was almost 4. He loved pizza and cookies, he loved going to the beach early in the morning. He was my shadow and we have a really strong bond. He hated the rain and windy days but he really enjoyed sunbathing in our yard. He was an happy boy indeed, and his greetings when I came home from work were the best ever. He suffered from bad osteoarthritis during last year, now he can run again pain free like only greyhounds can do

24 Likes

I think almost all of us know the pain and grief you’re feeling. Hugs to you.

2 Likes

Very sorry for your loss. He looked like he was a happy guy and well loved.

1 Like

Hugs from Colorado. It is so painful to lose a good dog.

1 Like

What a terrible shock. I’m so sorry that you lost your good friend.

1 Like

I’m so very sorry, too. My heart aches for you.:broken_heart:

2 Likes

From one fellow sighthound lover to another - I am so very sorry for your loss. :broken_heart::pray:

I lost my boy a year ago today. He was my heart and my soul. The pain is indescribable. We still think about him all the time.

My heart goes out to you. May you find peace in the knowledge of the life that you gave him and the love that you shared.

:paw_prints::paw_prints::heart:

9 Likes

I lost my beloved familiar in July and I’m still not coping with it very well. Give yourself a lot of time and grace; IME you’ll have to find your own way through. The depth of the grief is the price of the love. I’m so sorry for everyone that loses a precious friend.

3 Likes

My heart is with you. I lost my heart horse two months ago, and I still cry every day. The special ones are tough to let go.

I’ve heard that grief is love with nowhere to go. If I remind myself of that - that my love is coming out in different forms - I am more forgiving of my own sadness. Give yourself lots of grace and time and acceptance, and remember that you are not alone.

Hugs.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Some are just so special, that the grief is absolutely unbearable - especially losing them so unexpectedly.

Godspeed, Max.

1 Like