Unlimited access >

Need advice - Best place to live GA/SC/NC/VA/DE

we are in Fort Worth Texas on the edge of the Great Plains and there are alligators here

1 Like

Stay safe! I canā€™t tell you how many news stories I have been sent of rogue alligators! Just wait until he learns the horrors of fire antsā€¦

1 Like

Someone I knew a long time ago moved to Columbus, GA, and bought a house on a full acre. She was mowing, and all of a sudden she was in agony. She didnā€™t know about fire ants, and had stepped on a mound. The neighbors were out in their yard and came to help her. She met the new neighbors by them helping her get out of her jeans, and hose the ants off. She had to go to the ER, and still had marks on her legs a couple of years later. After that the neighbor mowed her lawn with his riding mower. If you donā€™t grow up in an area with fire ants, or no one tells you about them, you can get in a lot of trouble from them.

Iā€™ve read about alligators being found as far north as North Carolina.

A few years ago, one was found in Lake Michigan, the theory was someone picked one up in Florida, and released it, and it was discovered and captured just off the shore in Chicago.

1 Like

Itā€™s true! I live in central NC, and one was found in a nearby farmā€™s pond!

Welcome to the area! I am in Pinehurst and board in Aberdeen. I am happy to recommend some boarding barns for you depending on your price point! You will LOVE it here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the area! I just relocated here not to long ago! I have my own tiny farm, so I canā€™t help with boarding barn recommendations, but can give you a ton of restaurant recommendations lol

Thanks all, we will be looking for a farmette in about 6-9 months when his contract is set to begin, fingers crossed the housing market settles down by then! I may be reaching out to a few of you for recommendations and location help, this is going to be a big change for us!

1 Like

Applicable Facebook group; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1489591914625666/