Unlimited access >

Need an "S" name :-)

I have an exceptional colt by Sir Heinrich OLD who needs a show name!
It needs to begin with “S”. Colt is chestnut with chrome, just like his sire.

He’s friendly, sensible, did very well in his first outing in a Mare/Foal class, even when chaos erupted when another foal got loose, he was like “oh whatever”. lol.

I’d like to find something that reflects his fun personality but still has a stallion ring to it in case he stays as a colt. Any ideas?

SHINE ON !

Star Keeper

Seize the Day

Savior or Savior-faire

2 Likes

Scallywag (barn name “R” ?)

Steyr (city in Austria but in English pronunciation a cognate w “stayer”)

1 Like

Sans souci -free of worry, without a care

5 Likes

Scofflaw
Sandman
Slip Stream
Spilt Milk
Smoke Screen
Simply the Best
Simon Says
Sunny Side Up
Summer Wind
Summertime

1 Like

Sensible

3 Likes

Swagger

1 Like

Sentient Being

2 Likes

Son Shine or a version of it

Any way to play on the “Sir” part? My filly’s breeder did the same (her sire was Sir James), so she named her Serenity. I always thought that was pretty clever. I like names that call back to a relative, it seems like a nice way to honor the pedigree.

Sirvente
Sirocco
Serano
Steinrich (Heinrich + Rubenstein, his ggg)
Sir Florestein
Sandro Serenade
Serpent Hit
Seraphim

Signature

3 Likes

Sir Hendrik (or any other version of Heinrich in another language https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich)

1 Like

Very clever ideas beowulf

"Any way to play on the “Sir” part? My filly’s breeder did the same (her sire was Sir James), so she named her Serenity. I always thought that was pretty clever. I like names that call back to a relative, it seems like a nice way to honor the pedigree.

Sirvente
Sirocco
Serano
Steinrich (Heinrich + Rubenstein, his ggg)
Sir Florestein
Sandro Serenade
Serpent Hit
Seraphim"

Personally with S my favourite name is Savoir Vivre - problem might be that people can’t pronounce it correctly.

Schadenfreude :smile:

Or maybe something like Sir Lancelot or an acknowledgement to his damline - like “Sir” (dam’s sire)".

1 Like

Sirtainly or Sir Tenlee

3 Likes

About 30 years ago, I knew a magnificent chestnut with chrome named “Simpatico”. It fit him well because he was also a sweet horse.

2 Likes

Salacious
Saladin
Superstitious
Snowdon
Sputnik

I like “Snarky” but maybe more of a pony name! :grin:

1 Like

A lot of these names don’t have a stallion ring to them. Of the ideas presented, I like Slip Stream the best. Must be my chem E coming through though lol

Sterling
Sensation
Sabotage
Signal
Silence, Solitude