Unlimited access >

Need help reading score sheet comments . . .see photo UPDATE #41

I was able to read all the comments except this one and the one below it . . .image

“Good halt but legs must be back on horse”? :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

“Good attempt but legs must be backward on horse?”

6 Likes

It would help to know the movements.

1 Like

“Bold departure needed” - sounds like you were tentative on the canter depart.

And the comment above that one???

Not quite. It says, “Good attempt, but legs must be back and on horse.”

20 Likes

“Bolder depart needed. Good on rail.”

1 Like

She’s asking about the comment before that on the free walk

1 Like

I think you nailed it.

so
rider held her legs out
ie off to the side, not touching the horse? Or touching the horse but up by the girth?

in either case, would someone mind explaining why the judge would negate the halt because of that?

I think the judge is referring to the horses legs
 maybe the halt was an elephant on a stool type. Scribe mistype - good attempt but legs must be back on horse?? or rider did one of those awful ‘adust the leg’ movements where they halt and really open their legs to fix their seat.
Wording not really clear.
Or a third - good attempt but legs must be balanced on horse - unbalanced halt??
The six is more reasonable for the first explanation than the second. It also works for the third explanation.

3 Likes

As an occasional scribe, I was afraid I would see my chicken-scratch attempts at writing here. :laughing:

Also, as an occasional scribe, I want to apologize to anyone who tried to decipher my recordings of their judges’ feedback. It can be challenging to capture all the comments on tests after First Level, as the tests introduce more movements. Some judges wait until the movement is over to give comments with the score. Since you, the rider, paid for the judging I do try very hard to be legible so you get the feedback accurately.

One funny story: the last time I scribed at a rated show, I asked to be assigned Training and First Level only. My judge was lovely, hilarious and unafraid to give good scores and encouraging feedback. The downside? She is also a retired corporate attorney and her comments for the movements were liberally sprinkled with “infinitesimals”, “miniscules” and “extraordinarys”. It was a challenge to write those down legibly and quickly. :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Lordy - miniscule and infinitesimals? Modest covers much of that and is easier on all

2 Likes

Good attempt, not halt. There is no halt involved with this movement. Sounds like the rider went chair seat and could not effectively create drive
and stretch

1 Like

Good attempt but legs must be balanced in trans(ition)?

Or “no trans(ition)”? Saying there wasn’t a clear transition between the free and medium walk?

I see “good attempt but legs must be balanced on horse.”

Which makes no more sense than “back and on horse” does. But it looks like “balanced” to me.

1 Like

Gah
I can’t figure it out and I used to be so good at bad handwriting. Retired pharmacist. Then everything went to the computer.

Susan

3 Likes

Trying again
 what about “Good attempt, but legs must be back under horse.”

1 Like