You did.
& picked the Right One :smile_cat:

6 Likes

Look at those beautiful eyes! She’s beautiful :heart:

I hope she continues to improve.

2 Likes

Great news!

1 Like

Well, hello Miss Taffy! You look so much better! Hang in there, we are all pulling for you!

2 Likes

How is precious taffy today?!

1 Like

Her gait and balance seem to be improving a little. Her head tilt seemed a bit less this morning. She was quiet last night, though - she ate well about 5, when I fed the other cats (the ones who aren’t on a hunger strike in protest of a new cat in the house, anyway), and I gave her some milk about 7, but she seemed a lot quieter about 10 when I gave her a little more food for the night. She had diarrhea in the crate, poor baby, but she insists on eating only the BFF canned food I got on clearance at PetCo a couple of weeks ago . . . FF and ProPlan just aren’t cutting it for her, apparently.

So, we’ll see how it goes. She’s wanting to explore more, but the other cats are hostile, so I’m not letting her go far on her own.

6 Likes

I hope her diarrhea clears up. I think some ups and downs are to be expected but it sounds like she’s still on the upward trend.

Not one of my cats would ever eat that food. Not even the outside cat.

2 Likes

Well, we had another bout in the crate when I checked her at noon. I will have to get some Florastor for her.

1 Like

I found milk to be too much for my ferals or any cat ~ caused the heresy squirts ~ perhaps just canned food ???!

Just an idea - certainly don’t want to interfere as you are doing a great job ! Just what occurred with my cats .

Jingles & AO

4 Likes

I suspect that’s what it is, is the KMR - I’ve been cutting it about half and half with water since yesterday morning, but it’s pretty rich. Still, it’s easier to mix her meds in with that and let her drink it down voluntarily, than try to hold a half-feral cat and get it down her with an eyedropper!

She’s eating more dry now; I can leave it in her crate and she’ll munch it when I’m not there.

4 Likes

Poor girl. Hopefully between the probiotics and watering it down you can find the sweet spot for meds and normal poop.

2 Likes

How is Taffy doing ? Would love a Saturday update when you have a minute - Jingles !

2 Likes

She’s doing a lot better. Her balance and coordination are improving, as is her head tilt. I mean, she still has trouble walking and will fall over if she takes a wrong step or shakes her head, but she’s better.

By cutting the KMR with water and adding free choice dry, we have the diarrhea mostly under control.

She’s starting to want to explore and play a little. Still keeping her on crate rest mostly, but she’s definitely better than I thought she would be!

19 Likes

Yay!!!

She is a fighter and she sure got the best care possible from you!

3 Likes

Miss Taffy keep shining on sweet girl !

4 Likes

Here’s a photo of Taffy from last night. She has moved to my bathroom, at least during the day.

16 Likes

Taffy looks happy !

Be proud of your work/care !

4 Likes

Taffy’s a gorgeous girl. How’s she doing?

3 Likes