Unlimited access >

New Article on Cesar Parra Controversy

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=25715

1 Like

WOW. I don’t know anything about this controversy, but I can say he has not done himself any favors in this article!

I think he responded correctly. Allegations are not convictions. No criminal charges pending, only civil. In this country anyone can sue anyone else over anything.
I have to say I am getting tired of the OP continuously putting this up. When (if?) this goes to trial and there is a verdict, then post something.
I am sorry the horse was injured, but at this point it looks like you are using social media as a personal vendetta against CP and it does you no favors.

2 Likes

I have NO dog in this fight but why on earth can’t a judge post on the forums? Bias in what way? Is she spending her free hours trying to sleuth out who is behind everyone’s screen names and then creating a black book of riders to mark down at her next gig?
We have lots of very experienced pros, including judges and officials at many levels, on the forums. Generally speaking, I think it makes the discussions more interesting and informed. We have an official on the eventing board who has many times been able to clarify new rules or answer questions about interpretation of rules.

4 Likes

LOL. I am sure I didn’t hear in any judge’s seminar that I was not allowed to have an opinion.
My bias is towards the rules. CP (or anyone else) followed the rules, declared his horse, earned the scores. Now, if the USEF tells me that because he was accused of something his qualifying does not count, then I will jump on the bandwagon.
I am pretty sure that is not going to happen barring a sudden arrest. Since there are no criminal charges the point is moot.
Until that point in time, my opinion is - he qualified, he can go.

1 Like

If you feel he has violated the code of conduct, your course is clear - pay the money and file a grievance.

I believe unless/until he is PROVEN “guilty”, he is still “innocent”, and until that time, it hasn’t been proven that he’s violated any code of conduct. He hasn’t yet been banned or suspended. Therefore he is free to exhibit horses.

No one needs to explain the codes of conduct to you, PP. You can read.

1 Like

[QUOTE=ponypappy;7504639]
I am also surprised that any Dressage Judge would be posting on forums. It may give the impression of bias.[/QUOTE]

I’m pleased that a judge is willing to share her expertise on this forum.

The 51-year-old rider, competing and working with students at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival, has not been convicted of any criminal charge and none are pending against him. The civil case has so far consisted of legal maneuverings with no hearing on the merits.

Claiming otherwise on this board is libel, and frankly I am shocked the moderators have allowed it to continue this long.

I have personal negative feelings toward the man. However, I will not claim he is an abuser here without proof, no matter my feelings on the matter. And for the specific case cited, many of us saw the video the owner posted, and if I remember correctly most of us thought the owner was every bit as culpable for what happened in the subsequent threads. It is a tragedy for the horse, of course.

1 Like

[QUOTE=ponypappy;7504876]
Here it is for everyone else to read. It does not say anything about “being convicted” of a crime. Its about representing the US and the Sport and what is expected of those individuals.

https://www.usef.org/documents/disciplines/dressage/AttachmentB.pdf[/QUOTE]

I read it…and I don’t get your point. Has the USEF found him to be inviolation of the code? If not then he is qualified to show as a representative of the US.

Your opinion does not count, unless you file a grievance and then you need to have proof of his violations. Just because you say it is so does not prove your point.

The Code is very vague and it even states “repeated” violations MAY result in suspension, so there is a lot of leeway for shenanigans with no suspension (for example his recent conviction for horse sale fraud)

2 Likes

C’mon Ponypappy - these trouble stirring posts are your m.o. I should learn not to click.

The 51-year-old rider, competing and working with students at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival, has not been convicted of any criminal charge and none are pending against him. The civil case has so far consisted of legal maneuverings with no hearing on the merits.

[QUOTE=netg;7504977]
Claiming otherwise on this board is libel, and frankly I am shocked the moderators have allowed it to continue this long.

I have personal negative feelings toward the man. However, I will not claim he is an abuser here without proof, no matter my feelings on the matter. And for the specific case cited, many of us saw the video the owner posted, and if I remember correctly most of us thought the owner was every bit as culpable for what happened in the subsequent threads. It is a tragedy for the horse, of course.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with you, and am surprised that these repeated posts are allowed.

The man qualified under the rules as they exist. He is therefore perfectly entitled to show. Lots and lots of professionals have had horses injured in training (and competition) accidents. It is a very unfortunate reality in the sport.

Having watched the widely circulated video posted by the owner, I’d be willing to bet that that horse most likely had some ingrained behavioral issues, and I imagine the owner was well aware of them. Just speculation on my part, of course, and still a tragedy. But not a reason for the continued attacks on CP.

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=dotneko;7504736]
LOL. I am sure I didn’t hear in any judge’s seminar that I was not allowed to have an opinion.
.[/QUOTE]

Oh, DR666 - judges shalt not post on COTH.:eek: EVER!

Don’t worry dot - most people here appreciate having the viewpoint of judges, trainers, and others with actual credentials!