Unlimited access >

New Article on Cesar Parra Controversy

[QUOTE=ponypappy;7504639]
Maybe, you did not notice. This was a article written by “Dressage News” for social media. Another thing if you are tired of it why did you click on the link. I am also surprised that any Dressage Judge would be posting on forums. It may give the impression of bias.[/QUOTE]

ponypappy, I am not really sure why you think a dressage judge SHOULDN’T post on this site. There are a ton of judges who do.
I agree with you about Cesar Parra. I wish he couldn’t represent the US. But the bottom line is that he DID qualify and there is NOTHING stopping him from doing so. If wishes were dollars, I’d be a millionaire!

Money buys you a free stay out of jail card and obviously it buys silence

[QUOTE=dutchmike;7506758]
Money buys you a free stay out of jail card and obviously it buys silence[/QUOTE]

So exactly whom are you accusing of bribery?

[QUOTE=ponypappy;7506685]
In my opionion, not a good trainer, not a good person.[/QUOTE]

See, when you post that - most of us will agree with you.

However, the repeated postings of accusations as if they were fact, stating that you know he’s is in violation of X, Y and Z without proof are where you step into libel and rub us the wrong way.

I absolutely agree with your opinion - it is the impression I have gotten as well. And I hope there are enough factual situations where he is proven at fault in court if he actually is to blame to get him booted from future teams. And that applies to anyone who may be mistreating horses behind closed doors who I don’t know about. All the smoke surrounds him, but I’m sure there are others I have heard nothing about.

Despite my personal opinions, I just can’t support booting him from teams unless and until the accusations floating out there are proven. I blame my upbringing as the daughter of a defense attorney, but to me the idea of anything else is repulsive.

Suffice it to say, that it is distasteful to have Parra represent the USA. As far as “bringing the sport in to disrepute”, he has done a bang up job.

6 Likes

I don’t delete, but years later, I am going to actually delete

[QUOTE=ponypappy;7506685]
This isn’t just about the accident. Did anyone on COTH read the statement from the owners regarding the horse fraud. Its as unethical as it comes. All of this taking place while he was representing the US. If you question the “accident” read some of the posts that have recently made it on Dressage News Facebook regarding the brutality towards horses that were in his care. Also, the person that came forward on COTH recently sharing a story of another horse he flipped while lunging. In my opionion, not a good trainer, not a good person.[/QUOTE]

In YOUR opinion. No doubt also the opinion of many other people. But obviously there other people who think he is OK, including his clients, his working students and staff, many of TPTB at USEF, and a lot of other BNTs and BNRs who think “There but for the Grace of God go I” - and are in fact glad he is acting as a lightning rod that is keeping attention off of THEM. :wink:

1 Like

"

[QUOTE=netg;7507083]
See, when you post that - most of us will agree with you.

However, the repeated postings of accusations as if they were fact, stating that you know he’s is in violation of X, Y and Z without proof are where you step into libel and rub us the wrong way.

I absolutely agree with your opinion - it is the impression I have gotten as well. And I hope there are enough factual situations where he is proven at fault in court if he actually is to blame to get him booted from future teams. And that applies to anyone who may be mistreating horses behind closed doors who I don’t know about. All the smoke surrounds him, but I’m sure there are others I have heard nothing about.

Despite my personal opinions, I just can’t support booting him from teams unless and until the accusations floating out there are proven. I blame my upbringing as the daughter of a defense attorney, but to me the idea of anything else is repulsive.[/QUOTE]

Prior to a conviction if he was booted from the team I would expect him to sue

He has had 2 prior convictions enough to show his ethics. He’s a scumbag and a bad example for the sport

4 Likes

I really don’t like CP. At all. Not as a trainer and certainly not as a person.

I don’t like pony pappy or whatever her name is using the coth forums as her own personal anti - Parra blog. At this point I am not sure which I dislike more.

I don’t think that ponypappy has heard the tale of the boy who cried wolf. If she had, she wouldn’t be posting about every Caesar Parra fart. Most intelligent people can understand that when you hop up and down and wave your arms and make a lot of noise about nothing people stop taking you seriously. To me she is a bit of a clown now which is sad because it seems like the owner of the horse that he was hurt badly. I used to actually give a crap about that case, it concerned me. Not anymore. Now I’m just tired of the never ending barrage of crap threads by her. Shame.

Back to the original post. Not about me. Article is about Cesar Parra.:slight_smile:

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=25715

As a friend of William…one who has known this horse from his birth to now, I can attest to the character of this horse. William was and has always been a calm, easily handled horse. As a stallion, he was a gentle giant. I filmed him being ridden by an amateur rider. He offered no bad behavior. To claim from a video of him lying seizing that he had behavior issues is reprehensible. Do you say that about a human child seizing after having its skull fractured? Blood spewing from his sinus cavities as he drowns in his own blood? Blame an owner who was an arena or more away the scene as stated in the interrogatories? Those same interrogatories that show inconsistencies in the statements by CP. Trust an article where there is no questions posed to the other party?

I am not saying he is not entitled to go represent this country. The rules are the rules. One can not get set down when a judge allows you a pass on disobedience in a dressage test.

http://www.dressage-news.com/?p=24767

Isobel Wessels informing Caroline Roffman on Her Highness O that the pair were eliminated from the World Cup Grad Prix when the horse had blood onher mouth. © 2014 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Earlier in the class, Isobell eliminated the American combination of Caroline Roffman and Her Highness O from the competition for blood on the mouth. The pair were thus eliminated from the international division.
The pair were entered in a national open Grand Prix Friday and were eliminated a second time for blood on the mouth.
Isobell, who is also a competition rider at FEI level as well as a judge, said that in the case of Cesar Parra and Van the Man she advised her fellow judges to mark the pair down for an error.
Because the horse went off the line they were also scored low–in her case she awarded one point.
"I think it’s also important that everyone knows when you sit there judging you’re thinking of the rider first. If you see there is no danger, you will think in terms of the rider whenever possible.
“As a judge you don’t want to eliminate anyone, you try hard not to, especially in a CDI because once eliminated they cannot go any further in the competition.”
Cesar Parra later explained that the ride was their first international show for the year, the previous event being the national championships in October.
“He’s hot, but he’s my special child,” he said. "He can be brilliant and very nutty and very tough to ride in the ring. The warm-up was great. I’m 50 years old and a little bit naive. I took it for granted he would be the same as in the warm-up. I did not ride him enough in the competition.
“I’d rather have it tough outside ring than in the ring. But I have high expectations for him and expect that very soon everything will come together.”

So he is just naive…

I just hope in my next test, the judge is as forgiving. I must always remember that the rules always apply. Sometimes more equally for others when money is involved.

1 Like

Cesar Parra and Miranda Headed To Trial

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/userfiles/files/Parra%20Order-Denied_June12_2014RMHP.pdf

You must read the reference at the end of the order. I think this may be a very wise judge.

A new entry for the Dictionary of Life … Look up scumbag and get Cesar Parra!

Like I said in another thread, a few years ago when he competed at Gladstone, his number was “666”. :lol:
I was there and saw it myself

No one would ever let Steffan or Jan end up with that number…

1 Like

Well reasoned opinion by the judge.

I bet the Parra camp was not expecting that (very readable) opinion from the judge.

[QUOTE=SnicklefritzG;7627477]
Like I said in another thread, a few years ago when he competed at Gladstone, his number was “666”. :lol:
I was there and saw it myself

No one would ever let Steffan or Jan end up with that number…[/QUOTE]

Why, because they have handlers who wouldn’t allow it ?

Sorry, I’m not understanding what the concern is about CP wearing the number that he was assigned. Who cares ?

[QUOTE=Mardi;7628461]
Why, because they have handlers who wouldn’t allow it ?

Sorry, I’m not understanding what the concern is about CP wearing the number that he was assigned. Who cares ?[/QUOTE]

laugh a little along with the rest of us and don’t take it so seriously. That’s a problem on these boards. People go to make a joke and people then go off on them. lol.

1 Like