Unlimited access >

NEW Barisone Court Filing - 7/15/21

That’s pretty much exactly what happened to someone I knew with a dog that bit a person, except for the part about moving to a different state.

4 Likes

Here’s my question.

How is her appearance of any legal relevance? Two different times she’s referred to as an “attractive blond woman.” What does that have to do with anything?

Is the implication that the male (?) police officers were influenced by her looks?

I read that as " she was so blond and attractive the witless horseman was taken in by her beauty and failed to use common sense in dealing with her due to his precarious emotional trauma as a child."

2 Likes

While I read through the whole post, thank you for posting, how much onus is on Barisone (prosecution) to substantiate the allegations, and how? For example, the parts concerning his reaction during the 911 calls and the behavior of the defendants when he spoke with them at the police station seem subjective?

Or is this just a piece to set the stage for the trials…in other words establish certain proof points of his mental state, behavior of LK, effect on his family, holes in police investigation (dog attack, eavesdropping, bias toward an attractive blond, etc.)?

5 Likes

Maybe it was recorded by the police station?

2 Likes

@eggbutt Thanks for posting. This is illuminating. I still want to know what started this whole chain of events off. What exactly did Barisone do (or not do?) that precipitated this whole event?

From my own experience in calling the NYPD during a hostile roommate situation, they were very reluctant to get involved beyond letting me make a police report about her behavior. Unless she physically harmed me, they couldn’t do anything beyond recommend that I initiate eviction proceedings. It was very frustrating. I lawyered up after that, moved my animals, removed all the furniture (including lightbulbs) from the common area, and she left within a month. That was lower stakes than this situation, though.

8 Likes

Props on the light bulbs! I would not have thought of that.

14 Likes

Well, this explains why she didn’t just go live at home while the house on the farm was repaired.

28 Likes

The quote below is line numbered 144 in the stuff that @eggbutt posted (thank you Eggbutt).
It explains the reference to LK’s age and appearance.

9 Likes

Another WOW here. Thanks, @eggbutt.

5 Likes

if these recording were found there could be evidence of how the situation spiraled into insanity

2 Likes

It’s not like Kanarek can deny their existence. Sounds like they were illegally placed so that is a problem in and of itself.

Standard disclaimer: She shouldn’t have been shot.

4 Likes

Or when she was released from the hospital.

4 Likes

you asked what did MB do or not do that precipitated the whole event-

My take is that MB was in a tight spot financially when LK came upon the scene looking for board and training. She had 5 horses to bring in so not a small amount of income.
MB had a pending insurance settlement due to pay off and after taking in LK, things around the barn with others deteriorated, MB and other barnmates wanted lK to leave so when the insurance payout came in, MB stopped training her horses.
she may have even put money up in advance to help him financially.
My speculation only.

1 Like

Realistically, most people in the horse business would be glad to have a new paying customer appear with five horses, regardless of their current financial situation. Without a crystal ball handy, he probably thought that was a great day at the time.

18 Likes

My understanding is that the initial claims just set the stage. They can be a bit clunky…

The big takeaway…this is the defense he’s going to take at the criminal trial… He had better hope that the mental incompetence sticks because they didn’t give themselves another out. By claiming he has no memory of the incident they have very little room to counter LK/RG’s story of what happened.

12 Likes

well the poster who said she was her admitted with great joy and gleam of installing the devices… several posters warned that this was illegal in New Jersey

But the recordings if found can be a two edged sword proving more than she wanted

6 Likes

This is also interesting. The township issues an order to vacate, but cannot enforce the order? Can someone weigh in on this?

10 Likes

I might be wrong but I believe when she started with MB she brought 1 horse. Then another, then bought one of MB’s horses. It sure doesn’t sound like he thought she was a gold mine any more than any of the other boarders he had at the time. Keep in mind she wasn’t the only person who had horses in training there!

Most of what LK has stated in these threads should be taken with a grain of salt at this point as many have learned from her messaging fiasco.

9 Likes

Idon’t know enough procedure, but his claim that the police consistently interviewed the alleged perpetrator before the reporting victim constitutes a beach of duty, does that have basis in anything?

It sounds reasonable to make contact with the victim so the perp can’t “fix” things. Or interview each simultaneously in different places.

4 Likes

Seems to be setting the stage for insanity defense…which if MB was abused at as a child…ooof. That is really heartbreaking.

I watched a video on YouTube that had all the 911 calls from both sides, and my thought the whole time was wow…the cops literally let this drama fire slow burn until someone got shot. I agree the police did not do a good enough job handling these situations.

29 Likes