Unlimited access >

NEW CONTEST!

“The Horse in the Grey Flannel Leisure Suit”
“A Man Called National Show Horse”
“Janey Got a Dun”
“American Piebald”
“A Mare by any other name/would not smell like Sweat”
“The AHSA Unruly Book”

Above, reworked titles of movies, songs, a poem, and a book which perhaps would make them more likely to be appreciated by horse folks, but possibly would have relegated the project to obscurity.

This week, BB’ers are invited to submit their best efforts in modifying a well known book, movie, tv show, or poem into something, a bit more horsey. Da Judge this week will be grading entrants on originality, humor, and twist. Obviously funnier counts for more! It’s not necessary to give the correct title because you’re supposed to use a well-known title. The winner will receive a pair of good, usable spare stirrup leathers from the bottom of my tack trunk. Value - $10 bucks. Runner ups will recieve the right to place “I got a call back in the Off Course Invitational” on their profiles. Honorable mentions will have the joy of knowing they made us laugh twice. Please submit entries before next Wednesday at midnight. Have fun and good luck!

NOTE: Multiple entries are allowed AND you may use the same title as someone else (I expect many of you will use National and International Velvet)

~Kryswyn~
“Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo”

[This message was edited by Kryswyn on Sep. 06, 2001 at 08:38 PM.]

Da Judge is judging, although last Tuesday’s events have drastically cut into his/her free time.

Results will be posted ASAP after I receive them.

~Kryswyn~

Resevior Ponies
The Hunter Princess Bride
Full Metal Huntjacket
Die Hard Equestrian
Good Will Foxhunting
The Truman Horseshow
A Pony Called Wanda
SLC Pony

* Fiero *

Oh my goodness, you guys are too funny! I’ll post some when my brain fart goes away

~Courtney~

“Gone With The Winny” The story of that little pony Scarlett and her dashing suitor Rhett Butler in the next field.

“Lord Of The Rings” The trainer that knows and wins everything.

“America’s Funniest Horse Videos” A show dedicated to bloopers and practical jokes in the horse world.

“A Coarse Line” That broadway musical that’s been playing for decades

“The Green Horse Mile” That place where doomed greenies get a second chance with a miracle horse named John Coffey

Okay, that’s really all for now.

~Courtney~

Fiddler on the Hoof

These have given me good laugh!! Thanks!

The Hunter Princess Bridle (search for an Edgewood)
Forest Trek (The quest to find strange new lands where no rider has ridden before)
Forest Trek II (I think we�re lost)
Forest Trek III (I know we�re lost)
The 6th Day (I�ve been at this bloody show)

Jump me a log, trail rider man
Jump me a log tonight
Cuz we’re all in the mood
for a branch to the face
And you’ll need some healin’ on site

JoHn (WiNgLeT)

“A horse runs with his legs, competes with his heart, and performs with his soul.”
-Tesio
Look at my ultra cool site! www.geocities.com/winglet18

The painfully long story about a tyrannical power hungry alien, trying to tack up his bloated yet mighty steed. Then in an exciting plot twist, this same alien is ironically ridden hard and put away wet by his very own leader and icon. The alien’s leader THEN vanishes into the netherworld thereby missing the later accolades of said alien winning the Golden Raspberry.

sorry to the scientologists, i couldn’t resist

–My most accommodating strength is my willingness to humiliate myself

Hoping to encourage a respite from the tragic thoughts and images we are faced with, I am going to extend the deadline for another 48 hours. And then, because it’s my contest, I’m offering these hor’s concours suggestions:

The Horse with the Flying Male - a biographical look back at Chicester and Kevin Bacon

Grumpy Old Terriers - two geriatric unneutered Jack Russells compete for the favors of a beautiful young bitch who’s moved into the neighborhood.

Yelp! - a litter of four Jack Russells have a wild and crazy adventure trying to get to a terrier trial!

Honey I Shrunk Your Hunt Coat! - a house husband misreads the laundering instructions in his A circuit wife’s Grand Prix jacket.

The Crying Shame - He’s tall dark and handsome. Beautiful form over fences. Soft hands and an even softer heart. Stars Rupert Graves as “Johnny” and Jen Lo as the beautiful blonde who can’t think why Johnny’s always spending time with “Robert” (Brad Pitt).

Leaving Long - Suzi is always trying to clear LA leaving from San Francisco. Trainer Joe dispairs of teaching her to ever see a distance.

The Middleburg Mistake - follow this comical tale of four friends who decide to matchmake for each others. Set at a toney horseshow in No. VA.

Colin and VTrider - two wild girls tear up the circuit! Look out guys!

~Kryswyn~

I think you should do another contest like that-just for laughs.

Trust me, counting ceilings tiles is fun!! Have you ever tryed to make ants?? Well that’s pretty fun too. Who here likes llama pellets?? Ever tried piling all the pillows in your house in your dining room and diving onto them from the ottoman? Well that’s pretty fun too! AHHHHH the school jello is after me!!! Wait…is that Michael Jackson and a Hershey’s bar?? Uhhh…I think I’ll go vacuum the cat or shampoo the lawn…you know something productive like that.

“The Horse in the Grey Flannel Leisure Suit”
“A Man Called National Show Horse”
“Janey Got a Dun”
“American Piebald”
“A Mare by any other name/would not smell like Sweat”
“The AHSA Unruly Book”

Above, reworked titles of movies, songs, a poem, and a book which perhaps would make them more likely to be appreciated by horse folks, but possibly would have relegated the project to obscurity.

This week, BB’ers are invited to submit their best efforts in modifying a well known book, movie, tv show, or poem into something, a bit more horsey. Da Judge this week will be grading entrants on originality, humor, and twist. Obviously funnier counts for more! It’s not necessary to give the correct title because you’re supposed to use a well-known title. The winner will receive a pair of good, usable spare stirrup leathers from the bottom of my tack trunk. Value - $10 bucks. Runner ups will recieve the right to place “I got a call back in the Off Course Invitational” on their profiles. Honorable mentions will have the joy of knowing they made us laugh twice. Please submit entries before next Wednesday at midnight. Have fun and good luck!

NOTE: Multiple entries are allowed AND you may use the same title as someone else (I expect many of you will use National and International Velvet)

~Kryswyn~

[This message was edited by Kryswyn on Sep. 06, 2001 at 08:38 PM.]

The Dear FoxHunter
My All time Favorite Christmas Song-
“I Saw Three Chips Come Flailing In”

The Little Tack Shop of Horrors
The Creature in the Black Bradoon
The Runaway Ride

Splattered (Shattered, by Rolling Stones)

Oh Lord Won’t You Buy me a Horsey That Bends
My friends all ride Warmbloods,
I must make amends…
(Janis Joplin’s Mercedes Benz)

Let’s Prance (David Bowie’s Let’s Dance)
Put on those steel shoes and Prance for Blues

The Cat in the (Approved) Hat

The Wizard of Oxers

One Flew Over the Coop Too Fast
(One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest)

All Jumps Wide and Suitable
All Speed Jumps Great & Small
All Right Strides are Wonderful
The Liverpool Made Us Fall

(All Things Bright and Beautiful
All Creatures Great & Small
All things Wise & Wonderful
The Lord God Made Them All)

What I do, I do for my horse, and thus I do for myself~me

Rush (The Jumps) Hour
Rush (The Jumps) HOur II
The Deep Spot to the Oxer- A horse disappears for years and the junior, now A/A recognises it at the barn, when a NEIGHbor advertises for a half-lease

The Sword in the Stone Wall- Whoever pulls the sword out of the stone wall pillar standard, will be granted perfect trips for the rest of their life.

We follow Colin on her mission into Great Meadow to annhilate a renegade A/A rider who has set himself up as a God among a local tribe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jo:
Quote: " The Hunter Princess Bride
"

Fiero, that’s my favorite so far! I am ROFLMFAO! (As I sit with my PRINCESS shirt on, hee hee.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOLOL

* Fiero *

This Old Horse - vet visits one old campaigner each episode; patches him together for one more show; watchers learn new vet and horse care skills

LA Horse Story - Southern California amateur rider vainly tries to maintain sanity while commuting on an assortment of freeways between job, horse and home.

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert Circuit - wealthy rider invades Indio with an assortment of monogrammed everything, including golf cart, to show in the long stirrup division

(How many of you did as I did and “quickly” sprinted to your videos?)

Show Girls~ (all of us can relate!)
Major Payne~ (A love hate relationship)
11 months~ (9 months)
Legends of the Fall ( Hey I think I’m in that
flick, lol)
Road Horse~ (An A circut follower)
Dazed and Confused~ (Part two of “Legends of the
fall)
Striking distance~ ( A story of a stallion and
his scared to death owner)
Horse Show Day~ (Don’t you sometimes wish you
could do it over and over just
so you could get it right?)
Mortal Combat ~ (One of those schooling days you
would rather forget)
Bad Boys~ ( A story about two TB’s who make a
pact to never let their riders win)
The Big 'Le’Horski~ ( The polish Arab that grew
too big for his girth)
Blown Away ~ (Kachoo can tell you all about this
one…LMAO! Sorry Kachoo!)
Girth Busters~ (My 3 yo who has almost outgrown
her 54”)
Private Parts ~ (A true story of a stallion with
his pride “taken away”

and my favorite…

Sleepless in the Saddle~ ( For those of us who
end up riding in the
last division)
Hmmmmmmm, this is addicting, lol! Natalie

You’re only as good as the judge thinks you are…

Da Judge will now commence work on picking the winners!

~Kryswyn~