Unlimited access >

New Dressage organization/Will Faerber/Art2Ride

They are THE BIGGEST LIARS out there, they make NP look like a piker.

Im the girl who now has Legolas. Friends rescued him from his lonely dirt lot, thin and lame. They did a lot for him and then gave him to me.

Will wanted to sue me for slander. Ha! Its not libel/slander if its true.

He has made up his background. He says he worked ‘extensively with Nuno’. Wrong. Then it was Henriquet, wrong. Then he spent time at the Riding School, wrong. He said he 'competed successfully on the prestigious Florida circuit" wrong. That one always made me laugh since any one with the money and an equid can compete there…its not like you have to qualify to show there. But regardless, he didnt.

The work wrecks horses. His past is littered with damaged horses. But there are always new people, searching for a miracle. They are usually inexperienced with off breeds and no access to trainers. They are mostly in Europe and the UK. Some actually think his 1995 Silver medal is an Olympic medal.

That mare breaks my heart. They posted when they got her about how perfect and unwrecked she was…then as time went on the started trashing her breeder Diane Murphy of Gray Mare Farm in MD saying Q had come to them ‘broken at the third vertebrae’ (which he says about EVERY HORSE) and it has taken three years to ‘heal’ that…She has had on off lameness issues, she is long backed oh noes! her saddles dont fit (hmmm isnt Karen an experienced saddle fitter?) and doesnt move half as well as she used to, as Will blabbers on about her amazing development, and that even now as she plows around, curled and BTV, we are supposed to be impressed with how well she is going.

The biggest most harmful fraud out there.

12 Likes

I happened upon Art2Ride several years ago after viewing a video about how to engage a horse’s back. I started looking into the program and joined the FB group, as I had a horse who needed to be more fit, but the more videos I watched the more I realized that every horse was really heavy on the forehand and there was no lift that I could see. Then I found a video of Will riding – the really wide hands and long reins put together with the constant side to side motion really turned me off. Even in inexperience I knew I didn’t want to emulate that.

Over the years since then I’ve ran across his program a few times in some FB groups. It hasn’t gotten any better, from what I can tell. Seeing Legolas makes me happy I didn’t put my guy through that.

6 Likes

Hey everybody! Legolas was actually fixed, y’all.

Yellow was responding to a question about a horse with a lump in its neck. Apparently visible when it flexes at the poll…

1 Like

His peeps are so blind and so inexperienced. They soak up his lies. Isnt it interesting how all Wills horses were so badly broken, took years to “fix”, then disappeared.

Legolas was not broken until Will did so.

That nice Q mare is experiencing the same fate. And they blame her breeder, Diana Murphy of Gray Mare Farm in MD.

Thank God they are leaving my area after leaving broken horses and unhappy clients and angry barn owners.

I renamed Lego Hugo, he needed a new name for his new life. He gets PEMF, Vitafloor, Revitavet, hes barefoot, Masterson etc etc. He is giant lovable doofus. I cant ride now for unrelated reasons but I look forward to starting him over in the Legerete program. His body still shows evidence of the years of fecking Art2Ride pounding.

7 Likes

The new video of the horse spooking with Karen is so… weird? She says her legs and seat don’t move-- well anyone with eyes can see that your seat exited the saddle at one point, but way to direct attention away from your arms, which flew around like a windmill! What was the point of posting this? Are we mimicking the trainer “transparency” fad a la YouTube trainers like Olivia Towers?

No comment on whether it was the best leg yield she’s ever had. That can’t be saying much.

ETA: Oops, it was Will, not Karen. I guess they look the same from the back. I got confused with the “she” in the post, which I guess was the mare.

4 Likes

Is there any way to see this video without joining a private Facebook group? I’d rather my real name not be listed under “fans and followers” of a sketchy Klassikal Master who makes tampon-eating-vampire movies.

8 Likes

Its not Karen, its Will >;-> and all the groupies love his masterful control!

And seriously, the ‘best leg yield she has ever had’…

That is such a nice mare. She is so uneven at times, she clearly has on off soundness issues. I HATE what this work does to horses. Man. I dont wish serious injury on either of them but just enough to make them stop riding/training.

3 Likes

I think it was Will riding. I found it pretty questionable that after how many months of riding that horse’s face into the dirt, they still (proudly?) proclaim to struggle with leg yields at the walk. Heck, my trail horse “don’t ask me to collect or else” can do a basic LY and SI, and she’s… pretty determined not to be a dressage horse.

3 Likes

Not this one. They post a lot on their website, and if you want to pay money you can download Wills Training Diary! Woohoo! three days of riding Q! What a deal!

Make an alter. I dont currently have one but its not hard.

Yeah, I’ll get you a copy. Hang on…

1 Like

No kidding. They have had her over three years. They started her, she has only been with them. And wow, she can now plow along WTC on the forehand, humping in corners at the canter, and unable to do anything else. She moved better years ago than now. He preens that now she can maintain a ‘working frame’ (working what? I wonder) her ‘real work’ can start. So today after she almost launches him wow, best leg yield ever!

God help her.

Check your inbox

1 Like

My ancient appendix who is approximately the length of a greyhound bus with hock arthritis can produce a level shoulder in and leg yield. We’re all waiting with held breath to see a horse above training level supposedly produced from this method.

2 Likes

Well, they think Legolas is a shining example of collection…

And sweet Perhaps, who was successfully showing 4th when they got her and 'turned her in to an FEI horse…"

Can anyone share at least a screenshot of this mare? I don’t wish to join the group. But I’m curious!

What do they claim the breeder did if they started her? Makes no sense but wondering what they are trying to say …

3 Likes
1 Like

They blame the breeder for overusing too tight sidereins and “breaking” her at the third vertebrae and causing her to “drop her jaw behind the bit” which took all this time and a flash to fix. They made a couple of videos though when they first got her stating how wonderful it was to have a perfect unwrecked blank slate to start and how easy it would be to start and train her.

And then when their stupid program started to harm her, like it always does, then gee, she was wrecked and needed to “heal”. Same old same old. Blame, deny, lie.

3 Likes

This is Karen riding a green Andalusion gelding. This “”lifts the back”.

4 Likes

Its fiction.

1 Like

And yet clearly this poor horse is bracing through his jaw - and neck, in the last pic - and NOT “lifting through his back”. The abominable high, heavy hands and ridiculous leaning back are not doing what they think they are doing. How can he move forward freely, lifting through his back and following through correctly from back to front with a rider who is doing their utmost to not allow that to happen???

Will is a quack - and how on earth his disciples cannot see through this contradiction of riding position, aids and movement baffles me…

7 Likes