Unlimited access >

New family member - meet Wynn Dixie

She is bold, arrogant, loud, and everything we wanted. :heart::heart:

Side note: we were asked to transport a second puppy, so we had two 9 week old field bred vizslas in the cabin with us on the flight home. Woo boy, I am not in a hurry to repeat that again!!

35 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

18 Likes

NOPE NOPE NOPE… not cute at all, I don’t need one right now! UNSEE…

:rofl:

13 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Awww I would have loved to have sat next to you. That photo of the teeth is hilarious! :slight_smile:
Congratulations!!

PS where did you get her? I know a trainer in MA who works with a lot of Vizslas. He is a HT and FT judge and sometime breeder, so has a lot of connections. Good guy, too.

3 Likes

SQUEEEE. Already on point.

Congratulations.

Susan

1 Like

We got her from Alpine in WA. We’d been admiring her Denali bitch for some time, and decided to go for it. She’s a little demon so far, but that’s exactly what we wanted! Very oriented to retrieve, very confident and independent. We’re excited!

9 Likes

What a little doll! :heart_eyes: Here’s to many happy years together!

2 Likes

OMG she’s adorable!! Congrats! Love the shark teeth ha ha! Just gone through that with my 10 month old (actually still kinda going through it ha ha!).

1 Like

Very nice - I looked at their website. I don’t know of them because I’m in NY…so nearly as far away as possible. If you want another FB page to follow, check out Seabank Kennel. The page is new, so there aren’t many photos, but he is a prolific field photographer while training so I have no doubt he will add photos. He takes some stunning shots of his dogs (and client dogs) while working them. Nice guy, too; he just judged my breed’s National Gun Dog Championships which finished yesterday; no posts of that at all but I think they are in blackout until judging is done.

1 Like

We’re in Chicagoland, as was the second puppy we muled (that dog is headed for agility, i believe?). Just no breeders nearby that we liked, and we don’t get too many so we’re a little picky!

My dog, Zipper, is the only one who really likes Ms. Wynn. The vizslas aren’t so sure. To start with Wynn didn’t know what to think of Zip… she was probably the first non-red dog Wynn had ever seen!

13 Likes

I…must… resist… the urge to get a puppy!!

OMG Ms. Wynn is so cute. I can’t wait to watch her grow up!

2 Likes

First trip out to the training grounds today. We gave her 3 birds, and she was really promising. Pointed briefly, but then went in for the flush. We let her chase, have to build drive before you make rules. She’s got a great nose, and a great mark. Corn leaves were much fun. She’s a tired pup now (thank GOD).

18 Likes

OMG that face!!!

Will her eyes stay that color?

1 Like

They’ll get a little darker, but they will stay lighter than their coat. One of my favorite parts of a vizsla!

2 Likes

So cute!! Congratulations!

Maternal instinct on Zipper’s part?

1 Like

Could be! She does seem concerned about her all the time, and checks in with her a lot. I wouldn’t figure my dope of a dog would do that, she’s pretty simple minded - but she sure is! :slight_smile:

2 Likes