New filing on ecourts re MB

I think that part of the purchase price was continued training but I’m not sure about that. I’ve seen the person around town with the dog and it seems very well behaved but I know that breed has some challenges for the average person.

4 Likes

Please stop with the repeated political jabs. There is already plenty enough acrimony in the world and on this thread - no need to continually throw in little digs about various political figures. :white_flag: (white flag of truce)

7 Likes

Many years ago (before I had children and they’re in their 30’s now) I used to assist a dog trainer who specialized in police dogs and personal protection dogs. I got to wear the agitation suit sometimes and be the “bad guy.” Those dogs are amazing!

11 Likes

I’m thinking that had to be a little scary at times. Even with a suit.

8 Likes

My pleasure along with a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts and 25 Munchins!

7 Likes

LK placed the lawsuit prior to the dissolution of the LLC. All owners at the time of the placement of the lawsuit are protected in so far as the LLC has funds to cover any agreed damages. However, in the case of wrongdoing by a member and I don’t know how NGRI figures into this except it means the shooting was not a crime but MB can still be found civilly liable. Dissolution of the LLC after an incident and lawsuit does not protect the owners of the LLC from creditors. The Lundbergs did nothing wrong so long as they had no knowledge of MB’s dangerousness. MB is still involved. If memory serves MBD was the member of the LLC and I don’t think MB was a direct member. Either way, the wrong doing of a member of an LLC that is a member of another LLC can be brought into a lawsuit.

Moot point. They reached agreements. It’s done. Hopefully, MB is moving forward with treatment and can be released in the near or reasonably near future.

Great news for everyone.

Sure thing…don’t look at the news for the next few years! That’s all you’ll see. Now this (politics) is where CH can plant her theory of hate or whatever it was. :wink:

6 Likes

I was very impressed by the training of this dog. When I met it in person the owner instructed us how to interact around the dog and it was alert but not aggressive at all around us. We did not pet the dog. When it was out in public and other dogs were barking it seemed to ignore them.
I would think if you felt you needed the protection and had a lot of money to buy one, it would give you piece of mind.

3 Likes

You are starting (well, way past starting) to embarrass yourself by showing just how much you know nothing about what you are talking about but yet you insist you have a clue.

Maybe believe yourself about that part where you say you are not a lawyer.

27 Likes

I just want to clarify that “LLC” stands for limited liability company. The point being: members of an LLC are protected from personal liabilty.

34 Likes

:horse:
:cat2:

28 Likes

No, it doesn’t change the caption, but who is paying the award negotiated by Silver in 2023 if the LLC was dissolved in 2020?

Is it whoever was providing the liability insurance for 2019 when the shooting occurred, and the principal owners of the LLC as constituted when the shooting occurred or when the suit was filed?

That order applies to MB, not SGF LLC, which had millions of dollars in assets.

Yes, but the assets titled in the LLC are vulnerable, and the farm was apparently titled in the LLC.

It was! Especially since I weighed about 118 lbs. at the time. I got knocked down a lot when all the dog was supposed to be doing was grabbing my forearm. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My niece’s fiance trains dogs for the military and his take on Malinois and other highly driven breeds is this: You absolutely HAVE to understand how intensely driven they are to work and you cannot let the training and working aspect fall by the wayside at all. Otherwise they become insecure and unsure of their place in the world and can develop bad habits (some of which can have terrible consequences). The predator instinct in Malinois in particular is quite high and is reinforced/honed by guard dog training and tempered only by continual positive reinforcement of obedience skills and a good working partnership with their human. A guard-trained Malinois is absolutely NOT a dog for an owner who will have only a casual relationship with it.

11 Likes

I hear you - it is frightening how much discord and fear-mongering there is on both sides of the aisle these days. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Laren never sued Michael Barisone Dressage, did she?

11 Likes

Nope. It was always an odd omission, in my opinion.

3 Likes

I think this cat is channeling Mr. B!

26 Likes