New filing on ecourts re MB

Under the NJ statute you cited, in your example: first the $900 in fees/expenses (disbursements) would be deducted from your $1000. Then the lawyer gets $33.33. And client gets the rest.

9 Likes

I assume that writing letters and filing things for family members that are not the client fall into the disbursements category.

4 Likes

From my limited experience as a client (not a google attorney), if disbursement means “costs” that would be for copying, paper clips, courier fees, etc. only . Some attorneys and State bars will require a retainer from Client to cover those costs even if a contngency fee arrangement.

5 Likes

Well, Loxa luck In Loxahatchee, Lauren. Spend time with your horses. Be a better person. I hope SGF and MB got the mount Ruth Cox paid you, in order to drop the suit against them.

4 Likes

@Inigo-montoya, you are so full of :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

17 Likes

Did I miss something? Did our friend Jonathan Kanarek post something new?
A good chunk of what he posted before has been edited out.

5 Likes

Excellent.

22 Likes

Make that “poo-ser”. Then it rhymes and…well…

7 Likes

Looser, looser, everyone sues her.

22 Likes

Probably not. I was just three days behind.

2 Likes

I predict that there are going to be some posters who are going to be just devastated when there is really nothing more to talk about. I’m not talking about the ones who are donating to the GFM. And, when they post on any other topics, in the future, which they might, I further predict a whole lot of ignore going on.

9 Likes

Was it from posts that had already been quoted?

There’s a reason QFP is a thing. Especially with some people.

9 Likes

I know that it was removed because my post where it was quoted was edited to remove it. I certainly do not go back to see if posts are edited or removed.

Moderation removed them.

My guess, only a guess, but my guess is that Jonathan Kanarek posted lots of no basis legal claims, which is against forum rules.

20 Likes

Ah. Shocker. Not. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You mean like referring to insurance fraud and recorded murder plots? Those sorts of claims?

31 Likes

Dream on. LO herself said that no money changed hands between LK and Barisone.

SGF paid LK an undisclosed amount.

3 Likes

Really? Posting legal claims with no basis is against forum rules?

1 Like

Some here may actually know the details regarding specifics. Who knows? Do you? Asking for a friend. Again, you continue to post statements as fact when you truly have absolutely no clue.

(Fine paid in advance.)

14 Likes

Please keep up and read the good gentleman’s post, if it is still there, regarding insurance fraud, insinuations of illegal activity, violence, etc against Michael Barisone.

(Fine paid in advance and I now have a zero balance. I will donate more later today for future infractions of the EIM posting rules. :wink: )

18 Likes

I do know that SGF settled with LK in a confidential settlement. If you’re trying to insinuate that they settled for zero dollars, you’re being ridiculous.

The civil suit is over. MB withdrew his counter suit but paid no monetary compensation, according to LO. His legal costs were not paid by LK, but at least he can stop racking up more legal fees on the civil case.

LK received monetary settlements from the other two defendants.

This was the best outcome that MB could have hoped for.

1 Like