New filing on ecourts re MB

:woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Great to know! Weā€™ve used lots of ketchup in the past! It works fairly well in an emergency!

Ketchup tangent.

I think Iā€™ve read that ketchup is useful for getting the tail white on a gray horse, but Iā€™ve never tried it.

2 Likes

I can confirm that the dawn/peroxide/baking soda works.

But the most important step is DO NOT ADD WATER TO THE DOG BEFORE ADDING THE SOLUTION.

Add the solution to the dry dog, scrub, then rinse.

The initial skunk spray ā€œsmellā€ is more like a painful chemical burn. Takes a minute for it to settle into ā€œoh thatā€™s skunk.ā€ We have so many skunks that deskunking is common for us. :woman_shrugging:t3:

13 Likes

Itā€™s amazing that any dog would need to be de-skunked more than once.

I know dogs are not necessarily super geniuses, but come on.

5 Likes

Thank yā€™all for once again donating to MBā€™s GoFundMe in my honor. Iā€™m so glad to be a part of yā€™all actually helping him for a change.

2 Likes

Anyone who lives in porcupine country will tell you dogs arenā€™t smart.

21 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

2 Likes

Sadly, I know that all too well.

Even more so, the number of dogs that repeatedly go after porcupinesā€¦

3 Likes

Good one! :rofl:

3 Likes

Ketchup is also brilliant for neutralising the smell of fox poo when your filthy terrier rolls in it :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I had a very smart flat coated retriever mix who just would not learn to stay away from skunks. I lost track of how many times she got sprayed, and how many times she managed to include a human in the spraying.

We found that Lā€™Oreal kidsā€™ shampoo cut the smell very well. The berry scents worked the best.

Rebecca

5 Likes

Ok, that sounds more diabolical than dumb. Lol.

4 Likes

Could be.

Rebecca

2 Likes

Never underestimate the bull-headedness of JRTs. Our, er, most intense terrier got two skunks years ago. Once he was sprayed you could see the switch flip as he channeled Paul Reubens from Buffy the Vampire Slayer - ā€œKill him. Kill him a LOT.ā€ Recollecting the carcass removal and terrier cleanup still makes me gag.

Fortunately our latest Jack is less driven and has a recall. Sort of.

9 Likes

Omg. Thatā€™s a fantastic reference for a Jack Russell!! Lol.

7 Likes

It really is.

2 Likes

Yes - it perfectly describes most terriers! I sometimes describe my Welsh Terrier as having ā€œflipped the terrier switch to ON.ā€ :laughing:

3 Likes

ETA: I should have read further before commenting too late. :slight_smile:

Actually, they donā€™t seem deterred by the process. In fact, dogs will repeatedly attack porcupines. Their defense is much worse on the dog, but the dogs donā€™t seem to learn from it and will attack the next porcupine they see!

1 Like